KT4406

FlexiSTARTER 10.5.1 Holding Cuts

Hi, I am fairly new to this. I had a Seiki cutter and recently switched to USCutter LPII. Prior to purchasing the new cutter, I thought the Seiki was just dying because all my cuts get put on hold. The "send now" option is selected. Upon restarting the computer, it will send cuts through, but you never know what it might cut. Usually, if I unplug it and create a "new port" it works fine for a few days, then starts holding all the cuts again.  HELP!! PLEASE! Flexi won't help me. 

Just checking on your Flexistarter...Most Flexistarter software sent with a Seiki vinyl cutter is only for a Seiki vinyl cutter as there are only Seiki drivers.  So do you have the Seiki version of Flexistarter?  Or full cutter version of Flexistarter?   If Seiki version,,You don't have a driver to run the LP11   The LP11  is a Liyu  brand vinyl cutter. 

That is correct. I have the Seiki version. I did install the Liyu drivers and followed the install directions, it doesn't give me an option in Production Manager to choose it as a cutter. I understand now that my cutter isn't going to show up as a device option. However, selecting the Seiki cutter still sends it to my USCutter, however it still periodically holds cuts. 

Flexistarter won't give you a Liyu option, ..  The Liyu needs to be installed in Flexistarter. 

This is what you need to try.  If it will work.   Also with value cutters it is best to be on a serial connection, and the Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter is the way to go.. That is the brand name.  

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000030201-installing-the-uscutter-laserpoint-in-flexi

Thanks @MZ SKEETER That is what I did. Prior to even installing the USCutter or it's drivers, Flexi holds the cuts. Flexi still holds the cuts when I use the Seiki. 

Try going under PROPERTIES.  (which is under the cutter name on the CUT/PLOT screen    Choose  Work flow.   You have a choice of DELETE OR HOLD.   choose DELETE. 

Seiki.JPG

• Like 1

Delete is selected. I'm stumped. The holding cuts don't even ever appear in the Production Manager. It's really odd and getting old. 

I switched simply because it was within the price range I was allowed and I thought the Seiki was dying. Someone recommended a USCutter so I found one within my range. All these holding cuts, I thought that it was a communication error within the cutter rather than the software. Now I realize, I was totally wrong. 

I will say, the Seiki is super old and it walks and stops in the middle of cuts. Randomly. 
It all of the sudden loses its mind and cuts all over the place. So I was pretty annoyed with that. Then this holding problem started....

And as I explained above,  those value cutters work much better on a serial connection.  The USB is not a true USB.  It is a cheap Chinese chip.  You are probably overflowing the buffer on the memory...  This is why people buy the Tripp LIte Keyspan Adapter,  It controls the data flow being sent to the cutter.    You can look that up here on the forum.   The Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter has fixed tons of problems with value cutters.  This is what I am talking about.   This is the brand to buy.   Find the best price....Some people have no problems with USB,  some people never get their cutters to run on USB.....Also make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand...with a wire.   Vinyl produces tons of static.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-PC-Mac-USA-19HS-1-Pack-/301825378725?hash=item464631c9a5:g:xKgAAOSwq1JZELjR

• Like 1

No go on that either. Flexi still holds all cuts. Any tips for importing large eps files in SCAL?

I have used different Flexi starter versions.  7.6,, 8.5,, 8.6, and 10 and have never had that problem.    I cut with 8.6  daily.   I have used Flexistarter software since 2006. 

No go on that either. Flexi still holds all cuts. Any tips for importing large eps files in SCAL?

So you set your cutter up on a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter?   Is that what you mean?   After looking at the OPS set up in Flexi, the OP has it on COM18. The com # should only be between 1-4. Nothing higher than 4. In both the computer device manager and the Flexi software. 

• Like 1