cub man

help with multicolored decal

So for easy of explaining lets say I have a red square with a yellow star in it as a jpg.  I vectorize (trace) the image in.  I place two registration marks on top to hel align the two different colors.  I have no issue with cutting the decals and stacking them where the star shape is removed from the box.  What i'm looking for is a way where I can cut the box without cutting the star shape out.  

Should have some cut by color options to choose which color you want. When you vector it maybe it is leaving a hole in the box? If so hide or lock the top object and then delete the other from being part of the box. 

• Like 1

So the first shows what is traced in.  When i go to print the red i get the following.  it wants to cut the star shape out of the box.  

SNAG_Program-0001.png

SNAG_Program-0000.png

Select the box and hit "Break apart".

This will give you a solid box with a star inside it that's the same color as the box..  You won't be able to see the star because it's the same color at the box. You'll have to go into outline view or change the color of the box to see the star that you made.   

Then just delete the star it created.   You'll be left with a solid box and the original star. 

QUOTE> What i'm looking for is a way where I can cut the box without cutting the star shape out.  

Vm's Vector Module Defaults to an 'Inlaid' Layering Scheme and Traces the Path of the Star into the Box.

There is a Check Box labled "Solid Contours Only" (red circle).

Tick this and it will produce a 'Stacked' vector with your Red Box solid, beneath the Yellow star.

Then you can just 'Cut by Color' to produce the bottom layer without the Star 'cutout'.

VectorChoice.jpg.4329fb89581b6ebe0abf291832e0ac0a.jpg

• Like 4

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.