amaterasu

Best application tape for Oracal 951 and 5600E

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

personal favorite it 4076RLA

Even for 951? Isn't 4076 too strong for 951?

heck it seems lately none of it is as strong as it used to be - personally I have never had a problem but 951 is a very small portion of what I have used 

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

heck it seems lately none of it is as strong as it used to be - personally I have never had a problem but 951 is a very small portion of what I have used 

Do you use something similar to 951? I have ordered 4075, Im going too send it to a new (potential) customer, so I am very nervous and cant afford both 4075 and 4076. I can change my order to 4076 if 4075 isn't strong enough. 

1 minute ago, amaterasu said:

Do you use something similar to 951? I have ordered 4075, Im going too send it to a new (potential) customer, so I am very nervous and cant afford both 4075 and 4076. I can change my order to 4076 if 4075 isn't strong enough. 

You will be fine. There is a little difference but there is nothing wrong with the 4075 especially for 951 which pulls up off the carrier like warm butter. (metaphorically speaking)

6 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

You will be fine. There is a little difference but there is nothing wrong with the 4075 especially for 951 which pulls up off the carrier like warm butter. (metaphorically speaking)

What a relief :wub: Do you know if it will work well with 5600E? 5600E is a reflective film in case you didn't know.

Did you buy the 4075 or the 4075RLA? Not that I know if it will make a difference with the 5600E because I have not used that vinyl. The RLA version of 4075 has a little different component that makes it stay stuck to the career sheet around the edges of the cut vinyl. Not absolutely necessary but advantageous for shipping to people. You can add a small piece of masking tape in a couple strategic locations to keep it down just as easy. The high tack of either will probably work fine on the reflective. Biggest thing I think i see is that if you are doing large format prints and such then you don't have to have as high a tack because solid pieces pull up and transfer relatively easy and the added work of pulling off higher tack is unnecessary. However I don't think the higher tack will cause an issue per-se other than harder to pull. On cut vinyl the higher tack really helps to pull up the edges of cuts and transfer properly. I am with  Dakota I feel like the transfer tape is less tacky that it was a few years ago. I keep wondering if I got an old dried out roll or something. I like REALLY high tack although if one were using the wet method this might make removal trouble. 

28 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Did you buy the 4075 or the 4075RLA? Not that I know if it will make a difference with the 5600E because I have not used that vinyl. The RLA version of 4075 has a little different component that makes it stay stuck to the career sheet around the edges of the cut vinyl. Not absolutely necessary but advantageous for shipping to people. You can add a small piece of masking tape in a couple strategic locations to keep it down just as easy. The high tack of either will probably work fine on the reflective. Biggest thing I think i see is that if you are doing large format prints and such then you don't have to have as high a tack because solid pieces pull up and transfer relatively easy and the added work of pulling off higher tack is unnecessary. However I don't think the higher tack will cause an issue per-se other than harder to pull. On cut vinyl the higher tack really helps to pull up the edges of cuts and transfer properly. I am with  Dakota I feel like the transfer tape is less tacky that it was a few years ago. I keep wondering if I got an old dried out roll or something. I like REALLY high tack although if one were using the wet method this might make removal trouble. 

I bought the 4075 RLA. The one I use now is a local brand, it works really great on large cut vinyl and also on small cut vinyl alone. Like a small sized telephone number alone. But it is a nightmare to use on mixed sizes. If I have a design with both large and small cut areas it will only pull the large cut areas. 

I actually want to change to 4076 RLA but Im worried about it not letting go of the vinyl once applied to the surface 

I recomend trying out both. Next time you need some a slightly different size try another style. You will hone in on your favorites. I keep a 12" roll of either the GStar stuff which works pretty good but has slightly warbled edges when doing upside down applications) or 4075RLA and a 24" roll of 4076RLA and at the moment I have a 15" roll of the Transfer-rite Ultra 592 High tack (which has worked great) and a 10" roll of clear choice AT65. Also a little left on a 24" roll of HT55 but it's getting old and not working as well. Each has it's place and I don't like to waste the expensive wide rolls on little stuff. 

5 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

I use the uscutter brand Greenstar paper tape , and i have no complaints when i use it on  951,751,651    http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Layflat-Classic-Transfer-Tape-Medium-Tack-Assorted-Widths

3 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I recomend trying out both. Next time you need some a slightly different size try another style. You will hone in on your favorites. I keep a 12" roll of either the GStar stuff which works pretty good but has slightly warbled edges when doing upside down applications) or 4075RLA and a 24" roll of 4076RLA and at the moment I have a 15" roll of the Transfer-rite Ultra 592 High tack (which has worked great) and a 10" roll of clear choice AT65. Also a little left on a 24" roll of HT55 but it's getting old and not working as well. Each has it's place and I don't like to waste the expensive wide rolls on little stuff. 

I was wrong. Its not RLA 4075 and RLA 4076. Its RLA 4775 and Aplitape 4885. Which one do I chose? I have to choose quick before they ship my order :unsure::lol:

I ordered 4775 RLA, ill let you know how it works. 4775 RLA is supposedly the premium version of 4075 RLA

On 6/12/2017 at 10:06 PM, Primal Decals said:

I use the uscutter brand Greenstar paper tape , and i have no complaints when i use it on  951,751,651    http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Layflat-Classic-Transfer-Tape-Medium-Tack-Assorted-Widths

I have some of this, but when I use it with 951, i can't seem to get the edges and corners of th4 tape to stick to the backing paper.