So I'm trying to weed some lines on a vector image that was saved as a SVG file.  When I add my weeding lines, this is what I get.

I cannot get this image to weed correctly at all!  

Any suggestions?593b43dacd54b_SCALP4WeedingIssue.thumb.PNG.1883d716709b01bcaa4e31833f51097e.PNG

that's strange- am not sure why its going thru some letters and not others...

in this situation- until you figure it out, I would remove the auto weed lines, and free draw my own.  --about three lines - Horizontal separating  - Text - Bird - Text.

Near the top of the eagle head, it looks like an open path.  This could account for the weed lines going through the eagle's face.  Not sure what is going on with the letters.  I don't have SCALP and am not sure if it's auto weed line adding ability.  One could just manually draw weed lines.

The reason this is happening is because they are all on different levels of the page. For example the T etc is all behind the other letters etc.Front,Back middle etc in Scalps ,you need to bring them all to front .which is listed under Layers "arrange" or by right clicking and going to arrange that way.Try ungrouping everything and bring everything to the front then regroup each section of words etc then apply your weeding lines.,I had to do this and it solved the issue for me.. And for the eagle having an open space doesnt matter unless you dont want the weeding line where its at ,other wise you will have to close it up.. You have to also make sure you choose the correct weeding line as well..One might work for one section but the same for another and again that all comes down to having the Subject or image or words on the same layers as the rest .... If you need more help let me know.We can also do a live view if you want.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:46 PM, Jburns said:

that's strange- am not sure why its going thru some letters and not others...

in this situation- until you figure it out, I would remove the auto weed lines, and free draw my own.  --about three lines - Horizontal separating  - Text - Bird - Text.

I thought it strange too.  I did share the same issue at the Craft Edge forum as well.  Been busy all weekend so and haven't had a chance to see what the said.  I did just place manual lines where I needed them.  The odd part was if I move the lines a 1/8" it would either weed out the lettering, or do what it is supposed to do.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:12 AM, dcbevins said:

Near the top of the eagle head, it looks like an open path.  This could account for the weed lines going through the eagle's face.  Not sure what is going on with the letters.  I don't have SCALP and am not sure if it's auto weed line adding ability.  One could just manually draw weed lines.

The Eagle head is supposed to be open, I was more concerned/frustrated with the lettering.  I should've been more specific in my post I suppose.  Manual lines were done, so the customer could pick up the decal!

On 6/10/2017 at 6:18 PM, Primal Decals said:

The reason this is happening is because they are all on different levels of the page. For example the T etc is all behind the other letters etc.Front,Back middle etc in Scalps ,you need to bring them all to front .which is listed under Layers "arrange" or by right clicking and going to arrange that way.Try ungrouping everything and bring everything to the front then regroup each section of words etc then apply your weeding lines.,I had to do this and it solved the issue for me.. And for the eagle having an open space doesnt matter unless you dont want the weeding line where its at ,other wise you will have to close it up.. You have to also make sure you choose the correct weeding line as well..One might work for one section but the same for another and again that all comes down to having the Subject or image or words on the same layers as the rest .... If you need more help let me know.We can also do a live view if you want.

I thought this too, except it was one solid vector image.  Nothing separated, no layers to move even.  I tried several things to get it to weed correctly, and nothing worked.  I added the lines manually, and like I mentioned above, if I moved it a 1/8" or so, the weed line would go through the letter, and not around the letter.  I honestly think it may be a bug issue.  I'll shoot you the file, and take a look on yours, and let me know what you think..  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JLS Design said:

tried several things to get it to weed correctly, and nothing worked.  I added the lines manually, and like I mentioned above, if I moved it a 1/8" or so, the weed line would go through the letter, and not around the letter. 

When I said manually, I meant drawing lines in the artwork it self, not via the weed tool in the cutting software.  That is I would do it in Inkscape or CorelDraw or Illustrator.  Not sure I was clear there.  Obviously, if your using the cuttings softwares weed tool, you want it to work.  I was just giving a last result to fall back to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JLS Design said:

I thought it strange too.  I did share the same issue at the Craft Edge forum as well.  Been busy all weekend so and haven't had a chance to see what the said.  I did just place manual lines where I needed them.  The odd part was if I move the lines a 1/8" it would either weed out the lettering, or do what it is supposed to do.

The Eagle head is supposed to be open, I was more concerned/frustrated with the lettering.  I should've been more specific in my post I suppose.  Manual lines were done, so the customer could pick up the decal!

I thought this too, except it was one solid vector image.  Nothing separated, no layers to move even.  I tried several things to get it to weed correctly, and nothing worked.  I added the lines manually, and like I mentioned above, if I moved it a 1/8" or so, the weed line would go through the letter, and not around the letter.  I honestly think it may be a bug issue.  I'll shoot you the file, and take a look on yours, and let me know what you think..  

Sounds good bud. Ill take a look at it when you send it ..

Message sent...it was really strange on this design. it did it to me so i made an adjustment of Adjusting everything to front and it did make a difference but it still did it to the letters of "or " but i was able to get the weeding lines where they needed,Im kinda puzzled on this ,But it is fixed and i sent a file to you .

8 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Message sent...it was really strange on this design. it did it to me so i made an adjustment of Adjusting everything to front and it did make a difference but it still did it to the letters of "or " but i was able to get the weeding lines where they needed,Im kinda puzzled on this ,But it is fixed and i sent a file to you .

Thanks PD.  I'll take a quick view later tonight.  Working the 9 to 5 now, LOL.  I'll also post in here what Craft Edge says, as I posted the same thing there.  They are WAY slower at answering over there, and all post have to be approved by a moderator!?!  Crazy.