bunger

how to separate colors?

Am very to new to VinylMaster and am running the Cut trial.

I have imported a SVG file that essentially has 3 color layers to it. 

Once imported into VM, each of the colors are listed under "Object Manager & Properties" as "curves"

When I attempt to cut and select "Separate by color," I only show 1 color above the visual depiction of the cutter.  It doesn't seem to understand there are other colors present at that point.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance!

that is exactly what I am doing, but there is only one color available when selecting this option.  There should be 3 colors available. 

Untitled.jpeg

Just figured out the issue.  I need to have the "page" selected in the "objects manager & properties" section to display all colors.

thanks

Guest Johnny
On 6/6/2017 at 10:13 AM, bunger said:

Just figured out the issue.  I need to have the "page" selected in the "objects manager & properties" section to display all colors.

thanks

I'm having the same issue, And can't figure it out 

Guest MikeyB036

Same issue.

The worst thing is:  I DID IT once.  Now want to separate another image, to cut colors for heat transfer paper and shirts, but cannot make it separate the way I did before.

Somehow, I told it how many colors it had, and it vectorized each individually, and then I was able to pull them apart, so I could "stack" them and cut several at a time.

In the vector window, on the bottom left you can change the number of colors you want look at, then on the right side is a drop down to select how many colors you want to vector. Once vectored you can ungroup the image and them move individual sections around.

Guest fiya

Hi,

I am using sign master version 3
In this version I do not see any vectorize button on top tool bar.
So how I cut my image by color after importing. Is there any specific file format or any jpeg or png file can work.Do I have to break it in a part first. Can you please guide me step by steps. Even for contour cutting, spooler always got stuck.

You do not specify which version you have.   Signmaster Cut or a higher version?  The Cut version does not have a Vector feature.  No vector feature til SignMaster Pro. You would have to use another software to vector your design. Inkscape.org is FREE. 

You have to work in vector formats. jpg and png are raster images and can not be cut directly.

If you're version of Sign Master doesn't have the ability you will need a program that does, Inkscape is a really good free program.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.