VinylTeez

Work space?

Hey guys,

I have a (7ft wide x 3ft) space in a room where I can make into a small home workspace. Anyone have any pictures of their workspace that would be similar in size? Just looking for some ideas on how to utilize that space. Thanks!

I don't have pictures at the moment, but i have a similar size workspace.    One thing that I did, I got the flat clipboard clips and put them in a few spots on the edge of the workspace where I tape, it helps me keep some vinyl flat when it starts to roll when taping it.  However,  the rest of my workspace is unorganized. I need a bigger area.

• Like 1

4x8 table top is the minimum of what I require for making signs.

A 3x7 total space seems insufficient to fit a cutter into, even.

9 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

4x8 table top is the minimum of what I require for making signs.

A 3x7 total space seems insufficient to fit a cutter into, even.

Mine is 4x6, but i wasn't counting the cutter in that since its on a stand.

I should have been more specific. It is a walk in closet that I will be turning into my work space. The doors will be taken out. 

24 minutes ago, VinylTeez said:

I should have been more specific. It is a walk in closet that I will be turning into my work space. The doors will be taken out. 

If you're going to re-purpose a closet like that, I'd run 2x6 across the back and sides and use a good piece of ply wood for the top.  This way it will be "floating" and you could have space below and above for storage.  Perhaps even box in the center of the new table and get a piece of lexan to build a light box in side it as well.  

• Like 1