Guest Matt

"You need the Titan edition to run this plotter"

5 minutes ago, Guest again said:

Yes i print them then manual line up contour cuts

Ok then.  The ARMS would be needed for faster results.

Guest again

I am able to export current files as AI and open cut with Vinyl master so im thinking it will work. I use Flexi for printing.

Guest GCC Puma maybe

number on it     7E4055B-23080-20Y-DS-RH     i didnt even know it was servo motor.

at top 2010-08-03 guessing date built

Looks same cutter as GCC PUMA, the lcd panel looks just like the one in auction here, i dont think mine had laser however. Maybe was broke by the time i went to use the machine as it sat for 4 years before i ever used it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GCC-Puma-4-LX-24-Vinyl-Cutter-FREE-Shipping/131433576634?epid=1359432763&hash=item1e9a0d38ba:g:B2oAAOSwstxU5PMo:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I would assume i can get a motor through GCC maybe have a good backup or flip it on CL to get some of that new cutter money back.

2 hours ago, Guest GCC Puma maybe said:

number on it     7E4055B-23080-20Y-DS-RH     i didnt even know it was servo motor.

at top 2010-08-03 guessing date built

Looks same cutter as GCC PUMA, the lcd panel looks just like the one in auction here, i dont think mine had laser however. Maybe was broke by the time i went to use the machine as it sat for 4 years before i ever used it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GCC-Puma-4-LX-24-Vinyl-Cutter-FREE-Shipping/131433576634?epid=1359432763&hash=item1e9a0d38ba:g:B2oAAOSwstxU5PMo:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I would assume i can get a motor through GCC maybe have a good backup or flip it on CL to get some of that new cutter money back.

Scroll down this page.  There are Puma  spare parts and motors.  The page can be translated. 

http://www.expomedios.net/repuestos-spare-parts.php?marca=GCC&l=&mode=list

Guest Refurb or new

What a bummer, i think they have extreme weather up there i cant even get a human on phone to get the cutter i ordered on its way. I had no choice but to start using the Titan 2 they sent. Im backed up on orders from waiting 8 days for delivery of the wrong cutter. I wont see the one i ordered Feb 1st till mid next week maybe.

But for anyone pondering Refurbished cutters, this Titan 2SE could easily have passed as New. Came with all accs and no marks on it at all. Didnt have a logo on top of the machine was about it. Some Refurbs only were opened and set up but never got them to work.

21 minutes ago, Guest Refurb or new said:

What a bummer, i think they have extreme weather up there i cant even get a human on phone to get the cutter i ordered on its way. I had no choice but to start using the Titan 2 they sent. Im backed up on orders from waiting 8 days for delivery of the wrong cutter. I wont see the one i ordered Feb 1st till mid next week maybe.

But for anyone pondering Refurbished cutters, this Titan 2SE could easily have passed as New. Came with all accs and no marks on it at all. Didnt have a logo on top of the machine was about it. Some Refurbs only were opened and set up but never got them to work.

Yes, they had blizzard conditions,  even Las Vegas had snow and high winds. Crazy weather everywhere. 

Guest weather

Crazy, its helping us down in Fl, Winter lasted like 2 weeks, it was 82 today.

Just now, Guest weather said:

Crazy, its helping us down in Fl, Winter lasted like 2 weeks, it was 82 today.

Why don't you just sign up for the forum and stop being a Guest of so many different names?  

Hmmm ... maybe we should require people become members before they can post anything. There are bunch of forums that require that.

1 hour ago, haumana said:

Hmmm ... maybe we should require people become members before they can post anything. There are bunch of forums that require that.

used to be that way until the new software and new it people took over - not sure how that thought process went

• Sad 1

So what would cause all vinyl pulling toward me to cut perfect, but when pulling back away from me terrible deeper cuts.

Im using Vinylmastercut, Oracal 651, 45 and 60 blades. Ive run the calibration and the best cuts still are deeper closer to me then the other end.

When you say pulling away or toward you are you talking side to side cutter head travel or the vinyl in and out of the cutter travel? 

11 hours ago, shawnK69 said:

So what would cause all vinyl pulling toward me to cut perfect, but when pulling back away from me terrible deeper cuts.

Im using Vinylmastercut, Oracal 651, 45 and 60 blades. Ive run the calibration and the best cuts still are deeper closer to me then the other end.

How did you set your blade depth? You have to start with the correct blade depth first.  This is how?   Calibrate?  As far as I know calibrate makes sure the sizes are correct.   Example  that  2" x 2" is really cutting 2" x 2" . Or calibrate blade offset or laser offset.   Has nothing to do with blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

I get good cuts on the pulling toward me cut but when pulling away cutting its cutting too deep. This was a refurb so maybe thats it.

I originally bought a Titan 3 SE they sent me Titan 2 SE is what im playing with. Im now thinking just return this and buy a tabletop 15" Titan 3 New. My helmet vinyl is 12 inch wide.

And i am searching for X axis for my Zencut to do my automotive and HTV vinyls. 

I found one on Ebay for $700, haha its a complete ZenBlack 24". I offered him $400 being out of warranty with no parts available. He replied $650. Sheesh for $400 i can get a new something with 3 year warratny and parts available.

The other option is just buy a Graphtec CE6000 60 and use it for all vinyl. Spendy though but i hear its also more Flexi friendly. 2 on Ebay for $1575 shipped.

24 minutes ago, shawnK69 said:

I get good cuts on the pulling toward me cut but when pulling away cutting its cutting too deep. This was a refurb so maybe thats it.

I originally bought a Titan 3 SE they sent me Titan 2 SE is what im playing with. Im now thinking just return this and buy a tabletop 15" Titan 3 New. My helmet vinyl is 12 inch wide.

And i am searching for X axis for my Zencut to do my automotive and HTV vinyls. 

I found one on Ebay for $700, haha its a complete ZenBlack 24". I offered him $400 being out of warranty with no parts available. He replied $650. Sheesh for $400 i can get a new something with 3 year warratny and parts available.

The other option is just buy a Graphtec CE6000 60 and use it for all vinyl. Spendy though but i hear its also more Flexi friendly. 2 on Ebay for $1575 shipped.

We know your story, and your many GUEST names.  So you finally signed up.  And what your describing makes no sense.  The cutter cannot cut any deeper than what you have the blade depth set at.  If you set the blade depth correctly.  It cannot cut any deeper. I have posted hundreds of times on here how to set the blade depth correctly.   I just posted it again today.   Post above. Sounds like too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. The correct combination is less blade, more force. the blade cuts vinyl with the very tip of the blade.  That is all that it needs. 

Also check out the teflon cutting strip, make sure there are no scratches or gouges. 

• Like 1

It appears im just having a hard time learning curving this Servo motor. The Zencut used Tangential or whatever so i never even changed blade offset in 5 years.

5 hours ago, shawnK69 said:

It appears im just having a hard time learning curving this Servo motor. The Zencut used Tangential or whatever so i never even changed blade offset in 5 years.

I did not mention anything about blade offset...  The blade depth has to be set correctly on EVERY vinyl cutter just like I posted above.  It does not matter whether it is a stepper cutter or a servo cutter. The Zencut  has a servo motor also.  The directions are the same.   The blade depth has to be correct for the vinyl thickness that you are cutting.  Even if you get a 15" Titan 3 or a Graphtec, you still have to set the blade depth correctly before you start cutting.    Blade offset is  a totally different  thing. 

How did you set your blade depth in the blade holder, before you even started cutting? 

• Like 1

maker sure that your blade holder is totally free of debris, and the the blade really is able to turn freely.

check the cutting strip - that can make a huge difference.

stepper motor vs. servo motor, has nothing to do with blade depth, pinch roller location, cutting strip, or anything else you're thinking of. the learning curve is all the settings.

Brutal, i found a place has an X axis for teh Puma 3... $208 plus shipping

Be worth it actually to have the Zencut back, but what if its the main board.

It would cut fine then suddenly make straight cuts with no back n fourth movement. I could push the rollers by hand and it would go again then again stop.

Does that sound like X axis motor?

1 hour ago, shawnK69 said:

Brutal, i found a place has an X axis for teh Puma 3... $208 plus shipping

Be worth it actually to have the Zencut back, but what if its the main board.

It would cut fine then suddenly make straight cuts with no back n fourth movement. I could push the rollers by hand and it would go again then again stop.

Does that sound like X axis motor?

ouch! hmm ... that could be money put toward another totally new machine that has a warranty. maybe usc would actually send you the right one this around too.

They did send the Titan 3 SE i ordered and i will finally get it Friday. Ordered Feb 1st. Im still having cut problems with the Titan 2 they sent, when i run a blade offset test in Vinylmaster none of the sections cut acceptable. I have the blade barely visible barely cuts the vinyl, in fact in the test cuts some pieces will lift some do not with out help. The blade carriage belt feels like it should be tighter might be the problem. It was returned. But is suppose to be good to go now. I hope something is wrong with it because my Zencut was far and away cutting better than this one. I would sure hope a 6 year newer Pro version cutter would kick its but.

It is not about how old a cutter is,  My cutter is 11 years old and cuts great, it always has.   It is about how the operator learns the cutter and software and knows at least the basics of setting it up, for it to run correctly.   You can have a   new $5000 premium cutter, and it can cut junk, because of the way you set it up.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.