Guest Matt

"You need the Titan edition to run this plotter"

Guest Matt

So I just got the Titan II after previously owning the USC Laserpoint II. I already have Vinyl master installed on my PC but I'm having trouble connecting my new cutter. 

I was able to connect the device to Vinyl master via Auto detect after installing the drivers but I still cannot find my cutter on the "Current Cutter" options. See attachment.

Do I need to reinstall vinyl master with the new product key even though I already have it?? 

capture.JPG

capture.JPG

I just looked in a demo of Vinyl Master and in the set up wizard.   Titan is the MAKE..  You are looking under UScutter as the MAKE....Also   Saga is the MAKE,,A Titan is a rebranded Saga. Saga is also listed  in my demo.

Guest Matt
44 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Look for Saga under the regular brands of vinyl cutters. That is what it is,.  A rebranded Saga.

There is no Saga option. Only US Cutter, Summa, Roland, Graphtec, and minmaki.

So which software came with your Titan 2?  If you bought it new?   Tech support is still open,  give them a call. 

Under UScutter Maker, What are you choosing there in that drop down box?  Where it says Select Cutter?   What cutters are there?

Guest Matt

It shows all the US Cutter models except the titan. theres the SC, MH, and Laserpoint. 

50 minutes ago, Guest Matt said:

Thats strange... this is all I have.

capture2.jpg

capture2.jpg

what shows when you click on uscutter?

42 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

what shows when you click on uscutter?

"It shows all the US Cutter models except the titan. theres the SC, MH, and Laserpoint." 

Now my question is,   What do you get when you click on the + ADD  on the right side? Under Current Cutter....

We went thru this not long ago...A guy bought Vinyl Master to get the OLD Laserpoint  (Creation PCUT)  and all he found was like you found,  He went into  the SET UP WIzard  and found all of the other brands.

Does your version have all of the current updates?  You stated you have a new product key,  That key could lead to a different version?   Not sure.  Why not use it? 

Guest Matt

The new version worked and I'm making decals again! Thanks for the help guys! :)

Guest Refurb or new

Ya know im pretty unhappy, I bought a Zencut 8 yrs ago, worked fine then X axis motor died, i was told no parts available for it so buy a new one. I agreed and was told a Refurbed Titan 3 SE  for $1035 would ship from Tn and instead mailed from Washington so 2 more days shipping time on me and im out of business till it gets here Friday. Then i read this about its a rebranded Saga 720ii.

I can buy the Saga 720ii with servo motors out of Seps in Alabama Brand new not a refurb for $992.75 and it states a 5yr warranty when cutter is 2 years. And it will be here in 2 days not 6.

Now is there anyone who wouldnt cancel the refurb and buy the new Saga?  It will get here Thursday whilst cutters will be here Friday ordered last Friday.

I thought it was also pretty cheesy i was offered no discount for having bought an $1100 cutter 8 yrs ago that i cant get parts for.

Guest Refurb or new

Ya know im pretty unhappy, I bought a Zencut 8 yrs ago, worked fine then X axis motor died, i was told no parts available for it so buy a new one. I agreed and was told a Refurbed Titan 3 SE  for $1035 would ship from Tn and instead mailed from Washington so 2 more days shipping time on me and im out of business till it gets here Friday. Then i read this about its a rebranded Saga 720ii.

I can buy the Saga 720ii with servo motors out of Seps in Alabama Brand new not a refurb for $992.75 and it states a 5yr warranty when cutter is 2 years. And it will be here in 2 days not 6.

Now is there anyone who wouldnt cancel the refurb and buy the new Saga?  It will get here Thursday whilst cutters will be here Friday ordered last Friday.

I thought it was also pretty cheesy i was offered no discount for having bought an $1100 cutter 8 yrs ago that i cant get parts for.

Thanks a ton Mz Skeeter for that tip, i am shocked cutter didnt remove the post being it lets the cat out of bag can get the same cutter cheaper elsewhere.

Here is the REAL tip... Sagas are more expensive.   Out of Saga  .com  the  24"  servo is $1005..  NO ARMS.   The warranty straight from SAGA is ONLY 3 years plus parts. .  Your comparing a  72011  which is a Titan 2,,,  Against a Titan 3,,   The Titan2  is only $870 on sale right now.   at UScutter . Is a servo cutter.     The Saga  cutter would be the 7211P    vs Titan 3   Saga 7211P is $1145 at Saga    Same price as UScutter.   The difference is the ARMS on the Titan 3.  

https://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter-28-53-68-inch

Also I would have looked up the motor number online, probably could have replaced it just by the number.  Zencut was a GCC rebranded cutter which they still make.   GCC is still in business. 

• Like 1

Guest Refurb or new

You are correct on Titan 3, man they should have you on payroll for the knowledge you share.

Guest Saga
On 2/4/2019 at 7:07 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Guess its no secret, my invoice shows 

Refurbished Secabo SAGA Servo Arms Cutting Plotter 24" without stand

enjoy your new cutter. :D    Do you have the motor serial number from that Zencut? If so post it.  You may also be able to fix it.  

Guest arghh
On 2/4/2019 at 7:07 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

I got the cutter today and its the wrong one, its the Titan 2 SE. They are having weather issues all week cant even get a human on phone to setup the return exchange. What a headache this turned into. After all this i think they should 2 day ship a Brand New one with a return label for the Titan 2.

Did you really want the ARMS?  This cutter is a servo, with upgraded electronics and memory.  But it is Windows only.  If Arms is not important.  Just get a refund for the difference and keep this one.  My 2c   I have had my Graphtec for 11 years and only used the ARMS 1 time , just to see what it did. 

• Like 1

Guest Titan2SE

My take on the ARMS is it will auto cut contours is that correct?

I do lots of helmet decals where manual setting cuts is time consuming.

I will say i cut an automotive decal i always have trouble weeding with the Titan 2 and all i can say is WOW, what a difference, weeded so easy and i had to look twice to see if it was cutting its so quiet. Places i always have to weed careful and usually even hold the vinyl down while pulling around didnt need any help. Very nice cutter from a Zencut.

Guest Titan2SE

And many of those helmet decal cuts are repetitive as in doing same ones 2 or 3 times a month.

Guest Titan2SE

I cut lots of helmet award decals that need a small like 1/16th white border, very hard to manual contour.

I was under impression the ARMS would do that for me. I s that correct?

ARMS is for print(with ink) and cut decals.   Are you printing with ink, your designs and then contour cutting around them?   You print the registration marks with your design and line up the auto laser to the printed registration marks, to contour cut around your printed designs. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.