Flightrider

Pattern upside down Cutting with Laserpoint 2?

Ok.... so I'm new to this... and I apologize if this seems trivial....

When previewing a print to my Laserpoint 2,  the top of the layout appears on the Bottom in comparison to the feed direction of the LaserPoint 2.     How does one change this layout direction in SCAL?     Otherwise, I have to continuously adjust items on my layout to the opposite end of the matt in order to get them to print...          Can't seem to find a way to flip the direction...

Thanks,

Dave

I suggest that "print" needs to be dropped from your vocabulary. Your machine doesn't print.

Did your unit come with SCAP?  USCutter is providing VinylMaster software as their standard cut/design program now, perhaps you can switch over to that?

@slice&dice...  

Thanks for your response.   I purchased SCAP when I bought the printer.    I take it from your comment that you recommend VinylMaster for the LaserPt2 over the SCAL?

Dave

some people like it but the vast majority prefer vinylmaster as it was designed from the ground up to be a decal, sign software and not designed for a cricut.  but if you are using that other bad word "mac" it is the only choice they give you when you purchase.   - 
what Slice was asking is what type of ink do you put in that "Printer"?    A plotter uses directions from whatever program in a mathmatical formula to make arcs and lines - a plotter takes vector commands - a printer puts dots down from a raster graphic - it is a whole new world working with raster graphics but the plus side is once you create a graphic in vector format you can scale it as big as you want and it will stay crisp and clean unlike a raster graphic made for printing that gets pixelated when blown up

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Flightrider said:

Otherwise, I have to continuously adjust items on my layout to the opposite end of the matt in order to get them to print...          Can't seem to find a way to flip the direction...

I do not use SCAL so I have to ask, why? It would seem to me, if the design fits on the matt it'll cut just fine on the cutter. I am making the assumption that SCAL only cuts the design and doesn't "cut" the entire matt. Ie, if you put something at the bottom of the matt and it is only a few inches tall, when it is cut the top of the design will be at the edge of your vinyl.