twentythreemx

web design: wordpress / joomla plugin for decal design?

Is anyone aware of a decent wordpress or jooomla plugin that could be used for decal design? specifically looking for something similar to what the boat name websites use to design / order custom boat names? just something that allows you to pick from some fonts, and basic colors/outline etc and show a preview and then purchase it based on size.

i've been looking with no luck and am surprised not to find several things. the only one i did find so far is almost too complicated and has too many features for different products.. need something simple!!!!!!!

hoping maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. thanks!

• Like 1

Do you have a website yet?  I am working on a custom decal creator for mine currently.  If you have a website, are you using Joomla, WordPress or what?   

For WordPress, you will not find a free plugin, but for Joomla, you may find a free module but it won't be good.       

If you know about coding, its basically just using the canvas in html5.   And if you don't want to go through all of that, you can take the plugin that you did find and customize it through code if you know how.

What plugin did you find already?

Also, can you link to a boat name website so I can see what you're talking about for sure?

I don't have it built yet, as I was waiting to see what kind of plugins I could find and would build it around that as I have experience with Joomla and Wordpress so either would be fine. I wasn't necessarily looking for a free plugin, that would be a nice bonus but for the right one I have no problem paying.

Here's one I did find: http://preview.codecanyon.net/item/fancy-product-designer-woocommercewordpress/full_screen_preview/6318393?_ga=2.192680554.1759969938.1496177765-322995716.1496177610

and another: https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-vinyl-stickers-labels-design/11890236

But it's not really what I'm looking for and it seems that many options I would need are not there / limited

Something simple like this: http://www.boatlettering.net/boatlettering/BoatLetteringPreviewForm.php

I know thats not WP or joomla but was thinking there HAD to be something like that for one of them, but still no luck finding one.

Fancy product designer looks good to me.  What is it missing that you are looking for?  I can see it taking awhile to get it set up, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work for decals.

The 2nd link you posted, if you were doing just text, it would work, but i think it would be a hassle to be honest. 

As for the boat link you supplied, to do one like that would be similar to your second link,  but i don't see how you could add designs to it.

I'll look around for you too.

no set color pallet, price doesn't change based on size, etc... yes doing just text. one review i read had some other things missing/not available that were deal breakers but i cant recall and cant find the link again!

thanks for looking!