acountryclipper

Problem cutting with CorelDraw 2017

I am having a hard time. I was using CorelDraw x6 and was able to send the cut info to my Graphtec CE6000-60 through the plugin (Cutting Master 3) in corel. Worked great. I have recently upgraded to CorelDraw 2017 and can not get it to cut at all from the upgraded version. The link to CM3 is there but nothing happens. Is there a fix for this or do I need to find another cutting program that works with the CorelDraw 2017?

I would give graphtec a call to troubleshoot - their tech support is first rate.    I got x8 but so far still using x6 most of the time

Cutting Master 4 plugin which supports Coreldraw 2017 is out now. http://www.graphtecamerica.com/cutting-master-4-download-windows

By the way, in my opinion, this is one of the major drawbacks of staying on the "latest version" treadmill that's pushed hard by Adobe and Corel. Your workflow essentially stops until your cutter vendors get around to updating their plugins. For this reason alone, I don't upgrade to the latest version on any computer that drives physical hardware UNTIL a functioning plugin is released. Though you can install more than one version of Coreldraw and have them work side by side, it's a pain when saving versions that are compatible.

Adobe Illustrator CC2017, CC2015.3, CC2014, CS4-CS6, CC
Corel CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2017, X8, X7, X6, X5, X4

I have IMac with parallels software to run Windows 10, since both Coreldraw and Flexisign stopped supporting Mac.  Got a new Graphtec CE6000+-120.  When I installed Cutting Master 4, it does not show up in my Coreldraw taskbar, as old versions did, or under the new plugins heading.  Do in need to reinstall or move a .gms file maybe?

If your running Windows 10, why are you messing with Coreldraw?  Graphtec offers Graphtec Pro Studio for FREE,  which is like Flexisignpro with out the RIP.  Just enter in your serial number from your vinyl cutter and use it..  I would it I had a newer Graphtec.   It is only for Windows. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form/

As Pixelpusher said, cutting master has new version 4.2 ( i updated and everything works fine now) that works with new windows and coreldraw.  I use coreldraw at work in new job, so haven't had a chance to try out graphic pro studio.   I am happy to hear it is made by SAi, as I used to own a cobbled together graphtec and Mac ver. Flexisign Pro.  When it stopped working with my computer and SAi stopped supporting mac, my life was skewered.  Now I have newer, faster, more accurate, equipment and software, and more than one way to skin a vinyl cat.   Thanks Skeeter,  I had almost forgotten we had graphic studio at work and now at home.   I will try it out today.

There is Graphtec Studio,    But  they are "giving" you  Graphtec PRO STUDIO..with the CE6000 and higher Graphtecs.  I can't even use it on my older FC7000.  It requires a serial number.

On 5/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

If your running Windows 10, why are you messing with Coreldraw? 

Maybe all his/her files are in CDR format?

32 minutes ago, mfatty500 said:

Maybe all his/her files are in CDR format?

He really liked Flexisignpro,  which is why I am giving him Graphtec Pro Studio.  It's the same.  Just no RIP.   Over $1k software.  FREE.... Corel can export to use in Graphtec Pro Studio. If those are all made in Corel.  Graphtec Pro Studio is much better than Cutting Master. 

That i will agree, I prefer to cut out of Flexi myself, but I do use Cut Master through Corel an awful lot also. On other forums i'm on people are struggling with Graphtec Pro Studio, but I found it much easier to use (I started with Flexi) when I started out. now I use Corel Draw most of the time

I started with Flexi also, and think it is very user friendly..  The manual is in the HELP section above the layout screen. (it is in all of my software). I have always cut with Flexistarter,  but I was able to pick up a legal Flexidesigner10 for cheap a few years ago.  It is the same as Flexisignpro10,  just no cutter drivers.   It is design only.   I love it. 

On 5/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, Spiderlegs54 said:

As Pixelpusher said, cutting master has new version 4.2 ( i updated and everything works fine now) that works with new windows and coreldraw.  I use coreldraw at work in new job, so haven't had a chance to try out graphic pro studio.   I am happy to hear it is made by SAi, as I used to own a cobbled together graphtec and Mac ver. Flexisign Pro.  When it stopped working with my computer and SAi stopped supporting mac, my life was skewered.  Now I have newer, faster, more accurate, equipment and software, and more than one way to skin a vinyl cat.   Thanks Skeeter,  I had almost forgotten we had graphic studio at work and now at home.   I will try it out today.

Update:  Though Graphtec includes both mac and windows ver. of graftec studio and cutting master, the windows ver is ProGraphtec Studio and mac is not. Apparently only the windows ver. reads my old flexi files, so I deleted studio and cutting master mac versions.  My only issue now is that I can't share the multitude of fonts from mac to windows.  Even the ever difficult system of installing fonts to the virtual windows on my mac won't install.   At some point I will need to get a cheap windows machine to run the cutter and share info on an external drive.   Rats!  Hard to leave my mac since i have used apple successfully since 1987.

I am not sure if this is relevant, but I will give it a shot.  We have an FC 7000 75; we recently updated to the new Corel Draw (2108) & we are running windows 10.

When I cross check for new versions of Cutting Master its not clear what we should be using.  Version 2 no longer works; Version 3 indicates its for FC7000 MK2 & version 4 doesn't list our cutter at all.   My husband has installed both 3 & 4 (uninstalling previous versions each time) & nothing works. 

We are losing our collective minds. Please help!

Have you tried instead of running it on the Windows 10, try running the software in a lower windows  mode, like Windows 7. in the Windows 10 computer.    I saw a question online,  same problem, same vinyl cutter, only they were using Illustrator. Same Windows 10.  The plugins would not work.  

Maybe quit relying on plugins. and Cutting Master.  You can download FREE Signblazer, unlimited trial, But you will have to save your files as older .eps files. The Graphtec FC7000 is in it.  You could also, purchase, Vinyl Master Cut from the Vinyl Master site, and use it for your cutting software. Think it runs around $59.00.  You can even pay and download it.   I have a FC7000-MK2-75  and have always used Flexistarter 8.6 with it. Bare bones software, but great cutting software.  Vinyl Master is much cheaper.