Slvrfx

Machine stopped mid cut...

I had a similar thing happen, I was using my laptop on battery only, once I plugged it into the power supply it cut fine. I also have discovered since that I have a bad usb port on the laptop so I can't use that one to cut with any longer. Good luck!

I’ve had this same issue just today. Cutter just stopped mid cut. I’ve been reading about the static issues, and USB that have been posted, my question is, is there anyway at all to pick up the cut again from where it stopped? I haven’t turned off the cutter yet, or closed the program. Using VinylMaster LTR version 4.0 with cutter model MH721 MK2. 

Thanks

Maybe it would start again, IF you have a broken USB cable.  I had that 1 time, I jiggled the USB cable a little and it took off. But other than that, No, it's done.  Those MH cutters have many known problems.  Static, tracking, memory, communication.   In my case I had a broken USB cable.  I replaced it and no problems.  Also cable too long will create this problem.  Value cutters run better on a serial connection or Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.(that is the brand name) with the null modem cable that came with the cutter.   The USB on an MH cutter is not real USB.  It has a cheap Chinese chipset. 

• Like 1