MrJoel

Any other special needs parents out there

So we have two little fellas with Down Syndrome that we adopted 6 years ago (currently they are almost 7 and 9 1/2). My schedule is full but I have a nice little niche market that we have hopes of expanding with the new plotter.  Skill training starts early and takes a lot of reapitition (and patience on mine and my wife's part).  Our youngest is quite high functioning and our oldest fairly low functioning but they both get "go-fur" duties (go-fur the red vinyl, or go-fur the black) and this helps with colors and the basic shapes we have right now (squares or rectangles).  Hopefully the weeding and packaging will be learned within the next year or to.  This side business mostly for work ethic and a bit of business knowledge where the proceeds go to help with school tuition and to charity (teaching that a giving heart is necessary for real success).

so let me know if you have your kids helping and if they are special needs or not! This is a very friendly community from what I've seen!

• Like 1

That's awesome that you have taken on that responsibility. I have many children (not special needs, just special) and I can usually get a little help out of them when they want something. This year I outsmarted them though. Told them we will go down to San Diego and also up and hit disney if they will help out with all the work they can. (they don't know we were going anyway and I ain't telling') Have had lost of helping hands ever since. 

I don't know what overall market you are aiming for but shirts with HTV are easy for kids to help out with and tons of fun. Weeding HTV is much safer than regular vinyl and that is primarily what I task my young-uns with. I don't let them press the shirts very often but a couple are careful enough to do it. Mostly my wife and I do that. 

• Like 2