MrJoel

does the design outside of the specified mat get cut?

Hey y'all, 

As I'm awaiting the  power cord for the laserpoint (just wasn't with it when it shipped here and I don't feel like finding the dreaded misc electrical cords box from the dungeon), I'm doing some design work and playing around in SCAL pro.  Part of a pattern goes beyond the custom mat size and when I take a look at the preview the design that goes outside the mat turns from red to white.  I just want to make sure that this will not be cut.  Thanks

I don't think it does. You will have to make your cutting mat size bigger. I used to have an old beta version and they have changed things a lot but that was how it used to be. The only good part about that is if you have to fix something you could make a smaller mat and isolate a letter or something. I never loved that program and went back to what I had before. 

Like Wildgoose stated , make your mat size area larger and it will fit in there just perfect...I use Scalps 4 pro and love it. I can help you out with just about everything in there..Send me a message if you want.Where are you located ?

I actually don't want it cut outside the designated mat size.  I might just dig out a power cable and do some experimenting. 3 day weekend and my boys are itching to  do some work.  Ok, by work I mean "wrap" some cars (hot wheels) and put some decals on their tonkas! 

Thanks for the help offer Primal!  

Ok, got a power cable and tested it out!  The mat size was the perimeter of the design, now I just need to know how to make SCAL automatically put a box around the design as it cuts?   The reflective 3m was pretty fun to set up too. I'm always Leary about more blade depth because I was getting almost good cut through at 180g and I kept trying downforce until I hit 250...the blade still wasn't kissing the backer.  More blade, and less downforce is being tested tomorrow.  Weeding not quite fully cut reflective sucks, and adds up quickly if the scrap pile isn't adaquate!