CHV

Having trouble getting all the lines to trace. HELPPP

My job bought a uscutter and they want me to print logos. They gave me a few logos to use and when i trace the image it looks ok. But when i print it all the lines are not there. If you notice the top of the V and H has no lines and in the middle of the H and the bottom of the corner of the H. Any help would be appreciated. 

20170525_102211.jpg

Screenshot_20170522-143414.png

No mention which vinyl cutter/plotter your using...  I take it your using a pen?  Maybe slow the cutter down more...You may need a carrier sheet behind the paper. 

you will notice the parts that are not there are actually white in the 3d  version made for printing you are tracing from - I am actually quite impressed it did that good auto tracing - I would auto trace one that is solid colors and not shaded and made to look 3d for printing as you are Plotting using vector graphics.  if you want to use the file you have use a node edit tool to add those lines in.  
Before anyone says anything they bought a cutter from the company USCutter - it is likely a MH, SC or titan cutter and the MH is the most confused ones for that as they have the company name on the stand.

Welcome aboard

• Like 1

This type of Graphic work requires a minimum of skills in

a Raster Editing Software lke Adobe PhotoShop or Corel...

Here's a leg up. Still needs a bit of Node Editing.

HVC_02b.png.fc5da987446973d394e2240ee1adfbcf.png

HVC_02b.svg

HVC_02b.eps

• Like 3

Figuring out what the font types are and recreating the logo would be the ideal way to go, of maybe ask if they have the original files of the logo that are probably already in vector format.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

Figuring out what the font types are and recreating the logo would be the ideal way to go, of maybe ask if they have the original files of the logo that are probably already in vector format.

In Theory, you're Correct however, on the more Practical side

( for this Case, at least) the Time your gonna spend

chasing down the original Vector and/or Replacement Fonts,

you could have Manually Recreated or Auto-Traced and Cleaned

the one right in front of you.

(I spent less than 5 minutes on those Results... 5 more and it's Complete. ymmv)

On 5/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, skarekrow said:

In Theory, you're Correct however, on the more Practical side

( for this Case, at least) the Time your gonna spend

chasing down the original Vector and/or Replacement Fonts,

you could have Manually Recreated or Auto-Traced and Cleaned

the one right in front of you.

(I spent less than 5 minutes on those Results... 5 more and it's Complete. ymmv)

I call BS...i don't think it will take him 5 minutes, I think it's good enough to use as Is! But then again, I didn't load the file on my pc.

From the first 2 original images, I couldn't even figure out exactly what he was going for until you posted that :)