Ironbar

Pantone Colors for F&M Shirts

I produced a bunch of decals for a local company and now they want shirts.  I am going to go with F&M because it is a few hundred shirts.  Problem is when I create the design with F&M I have to use custom colors because I can't find any stock colors that are close.  (Only problem I have found with F&M so far)  I am going to go with the custom color option but I don't know the Pantone color for the vinyl I used.  I would just buy a Pantone color chart and match but $200 for one is outrageous.  I'm surprised that Oracal does not give at least a close Pantone number for their vinyl.

Anyone know what the Pantone number would be for Oracal 751 067 Blue and Oracal 751 073 Dark Gray?

If I buy a Pantone guide that is 10+ years old will it still be accurate?  (Looking on Ebay)

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

I read through that thread. Fellows does not list the PMS anymore.  The first link does not have any grays. The second link is dead. I don't see what good it does to import the color pallet into corel. Corel does not give me the Pantone color.

What am I missing?

Thanks. 

Boy, there are so many pantone blues -- I have the newest chart - I think 2017.

I would say for Oracal 067: Pantone Dark Blue C, Pantone 661C, 287C, or 2147C

For Oracal 073- Dary Gray -: pantone Black 7C, or Cool Gray 11C

F&M is pretty good to work with. You might call and ask if you can send them color samples to match? Not sure of they would do that or not. I did a logo and picked a pantone color that was likely to end up looking bad and they called me about it ahead of time and made sure that's what i REALLY wanted. 

• Like 1