RyanMKX

Bad HTV - Anyone else?

Last 2 orders of Siser Easyweed (black) rolls have not been wanting to stick to the t-shirts and they are extremely hard to weed from the film. I have to tug and fight it.  
I've never had this problem before and all other colors weed easy and press great. After wasting 4 t-shirts i finally found a solution that works by mutli pressing 4-5 times while cooling in between and then peeling cold. It's like the sticky glue just doesn't want to take and the vinyl wants to melt before the glue sticks. Very tricky to finish a t-shirt.

I thought the first roll was a fluke but now a month later the new roll is the same way. Has anyone else ran into this problem or am I the only one that has recently bought black siser easyweed?  
I'm hoping it's a bad batch or something. 

I had a roll or two of white non stretch give me trouble. Send it back. 

Have not had any issues with other colors and never an issue with the stretch variants. In the colors they offer it I use the stretch. Only problems with stretch are if you accidentally forget to weed the inside of a letter you can't reheat it and pluck it out. It is more aggressive adhesive and simply won't pull up without garment damage where with regular you can usually heat it back up and pick the little piece out and hardly tell it was an issue. 

2 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Have not had any issues with other colors and never an issue with the stretch variants. In the colors they offer it I use the stretch. Only problems with stretch are if you accidentally forget to weed the inside of a letter you can't reheat it and pluck it out. It is more aggressive adhesive and simply won't pull up without garment damage where with regular you can usually heat it back up and pick the little piece out and hardly tell it was an issue. 

About the Accident part.. How long do you reheat it to try and remove what wasnt supposed to be pressed? I dont want to over cook it and ruin it....Thanks

Siser is extremely resilient. I have tried cooking it for longer periods at much higher temperatures just to see what would happen. I tried something along the lines of 350 degrees for 30 seconds and couldn't even see any issues so I wouldn't worry about re-heating it at normal temps. When the occasional accident happens I just reheat for around 10 seconds and see if I can pull it off right while it is sitting on the hot platen. Be sure to use a piece of parchment paper or other protection whenever the vinyl would come in direct contact with the platen.