Sign in to follow this  
frogg

Business question...

I dont do enough volume of sales to bother with at this time, as far as keeping track of taxes go, Where i am at your company has to generate over a certain amount of sales before you have to declare it a actual busines and i am always under that amount. I am just doing this as a hobby more so than a business at this point, like i said if it gets bigger then great, if not i am happy the way it is now.

I am also at the point of deciding how far to take this.  To me it just seems best to search how to do it in your area.

Wow $10 bucks for a DBA?

My business license costs $100 a year.  :huh:

I know this was posted a wile back, but wow!

Like I said, my DBA was only $10... and that's for 10 years!  :huh:

As soon as you take a check, you are in business. I don't take checks, cash only but I am retired and mainly just piddle with signs.

I have forgot more about signs than most orf the signmakers around here know. (brag, brag)

I am not in danger of income tax evasion as I don't make that much anyway. I call it a hobby.

But BEWARE, I had a real good expensive lesson taught to me from the IRS around 30 years ago. NEVER leave a paper trail such as putting checks in your bank account. Then you have to explain where they came from.

(duhhh, huyuk, huyuk, how did that get there Mr. IRS person?)

They gave me 6,500 good reasons not to do it again.  :huh:

that was a good post there terry, very informative...i missed the whole thing.  :huh: this has been my first busy  year so far....well what i call busy. last year was just piddly here and there, didn't make squat....not even the 400 required to file taxes. However, this year is different i will have to PAY next year. the DBA is called a merchant license here....had me scared there for a moment, i had to check...lol

i opted not to register my business as i am the only one and don't have any employees, so i just pay tax by my social. i don't charge tax either, i just figure into total and put so much back to pay taxes at the end of the year. for me, this isn't to make a living off of.....at least not right now. just part time and more of a hobby, got alot more to learn before i make a living off it.  ;D

lue anne