greevedogg

Cutting Directly from Illustrator

Has anyone had success cutting directly from Illustrator?

Have you seen Makshaks' Youtube video showing how he accomplished this with an SC series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQGk9hOOONI

I have a Laserpoint 2, and a Creative PCut, with a TrippLite Keyspan, but I haven't been able to get it to work like he has in the video.

I'd really like to ditch SCAL altogether, and be able to cut straight from illustrator. That would make life so much more enjoyable...

I know there are techno geeks that can make that happen (no offense to the techno geeks, I wish I was one too) but if you are having disappointment using a cutting utility (even SCALP which I am not a fan of) I think it would only compound your woe trying to cut without a user interface.

My suggestion would be SignCut Pro 1. You can try it out for free on a trial basis or buy a lifetime dongle for about $270 (I paid about 400 back when I bought mine). It's cross platform compatible, meaning it will run on windows OR mac without needing to be a separate program. If you do own a dongle you can load it up on as many computers as you want and just tote your dongle along and hop computers at will. The user interface is a little different at first but all the cutting bells and whistles are included and I wouldn't want to try and work without them.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input Wildgoose. I have a license for SCALP3, and although clunky, I can live with it. I'm a little technogeeky, but haven't figured out how to get this working. Just figured I'd ask here. I might need that null modem cable for it to work with the TrippLite...

1 hour ago, greevedogg said:

Thanks for the input Wildgoose. I have a license for SCALP3, and although clunky, I can live with it. I'm a little technogeeky, but haven't figured out how to get this working. Just figured I'd ask here. I might need that null modem cable for it to work with the TrippLite...

I started with scalps3 and just upgraded to scalps 4pro. i like the difference in the new one.

1 hour ago, greevedogg said:

54 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

I started with scalps3 and just upgraded to scalps 4pro. i like the difference in the new one.

It's worth the $49.99 to upgrade from SCALP3 to SCALP4.  You should look into that greevedogg.

• Like 1