amaterasu

Very weird problem

I have no idea why it happens, but I am 100% sure it is not a coincidence and not a bad file, nor is it bad vinyl. As it happens no matter what file or vinyl I use.

I send my file to the cutter, cut it, weed it. Despite some pulls and tears, and bad rounded corners, All goes smoothly and weeds without any struggle.

IMG_0813.thumb.JPG.56d83a390c1cb7dc3d1111f86d396966.JPG

Now here is the problem

I move the blade to the left and cut again, but this time it wont weed!!

591b61958523b_IMG_08142.thumb.JPG.e2e4e072ecce435926931637235e6b4f.JPGIMG_0815.thumb.JPG.c0518dcfaa8ada39c4dc804458b6cdff.JPGIMG_0816.thumb.JPG.85605e862f96e68e8afd54671726767a.JPGIMG_0817.thumb.JPG.a6263d78664778594fe41248a3d04c0c.JPGIMG_0818.thumb.JPG.6257edd0a4de0c819509e4be3ffddd47.JPG

I tried upping the pressure but, still, no good results. The first one cuts fine though. 

This is very weird. :wacko::blink:

I know its not the vinyl because it happens even if I change the vinyl. Its not the file either because it happens with whatever design I use

How does the cutting strip look? Does it sink down or is damaged where you are having trouble?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 88x said:

How does the cutting strip look? Does it sink down or is damaged where you are having trouble?

It looks completely fine, but I could be wrong. 

How old is the blade holder?  A bad one might account for what you are seeing.  Maybe there is a bit of vinyl clogged inside it.  Hard use and one can go bad in a year.   More for light use.

My bet is your cutting strip is the issue or perhaps the roller track. If it will cut properly in one area of the cutting bed and not in another that sounds like your cutting strip is not even. Might not show abuse and could just be twisted slightly or such that it prevents good contact. Do a test by cutting some strips that span the whole width of your cutter. 

• Like 6

On 17.5.2017 at 1:13 AM, dcbevins said:

How old is the blade holder?  A bad one might account for what you are seeing.  Maybe there is a bit of vinyl clogged inside it.  Hard use and one can go bad in a year.   More for light use.

its just two months old. I dont think its the blade holder because it cuts fine in one are 

On 17.5.2017 at 1:51 AM, Wildgoose said:

My bet is your cutting strip is the issue or perhaps the roller track. If it will cut properly in one area of the cutting bed and not in another that sounds like your cutting strip is not even. Might not show abuse and could just be twisted slightly or such that it prevents good contact. Do a test by cutting some strips that span the whole width of your cutter. 

I called support and told them about the problem and that I have talked to you guys and mentioned the cutting strip. They are going to send me a new one. Hopefully it will solve all my problems.

• Like 1