mark-s

Reminder

Its funny and sad you mention this ..I do my backups regularly and well i just bought another external SSD to back up my other backup and well, my backup fried, I do photography as well and i just lost all my work from 2005 on. Over 10,000 images gone,All my photoshoots,landscapes,wildlife etc Gone. No chance of recovery.I am really at a loss,everything i have taken pictures of that are not on Facebook or other sites are no longer mine to see except for what i have had printed on my walls as well. Im at a total loss for words.:wacko:

What other source of backups is suggested without having to break the bank .?

Primal - our photos are on the computer, NAS and at least 2 other hard drives that are not connected except for back up - one should be offsite but I haven't gotten that far yet.   Just cloned the printer computer and need to do the main one soon

A few years back I had a back-up fail also...an S**gate storage drive.

Phoned them to see if there was anything I could do.  

They wanted $600 to recover the files....or I could purchase a program from them to do this for $99.

Well, long-story-short, I did get the program and it ran for about 24 hours......

but it did recover a good 90% of the files.

So, maybe a phone call to complain about the back-up failure will help you.

Sue2

2 hours ago, Sue2 said:

A few years back I had a back-up fail also...an S**gate storage drive.

Phoned them to see if there was anything I could do.  

They wanted $600 to recover the files....or I could purchase a program from them to do this for $99.

Well, long-story-short, I did get the program and it ran for about 24 hours......

but it did recover a good 90% of the files.

So, maybe a phone call to complain about the back-up failure will help you.

Sue2

Thanks Sue2---I already took it in to company that does this and they said it beyond attempting it. It really did it self in..