Sign in to follow this  
Coaster36

Logo design feedback

Can ya'll critique these logo designs for a local farmers market I shop at.

Brothers farm logo.jpg

• Like 2

Unless you print steer away from the hard to weed ones. They always seem to pick the nastiest ones to cut. I like the top and bottom left side personally. That corn on the top right looks tough to weed. Sometimes you can invert it and still get a good look with easier weeding. You'd have to play with it to see. 

2 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Unless you print steer away from the hard to weed ones. They always seem to pick the nastiest ones to cut. I like the top and bottom left side personally. That corn on the top right looks tough to weed. Sometimes you can invert it and still get a good look with easier weeding. You'd have to play with it to see. 

Maybe he is planning on printing them...

Thanks everyone, they picked the top left as their new logo. 

Does anyone have an feedback. Logo design is hard! And im far from an artist. Would you guys do anything different?

I think you done good. I usually try to hash out some basics ahead of time with hand drawn rough stuff to get a good feel for the overall theme they want. Then throw a few out there.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:32 PM, Coaster36 said:

Thanks everyone, they picked the top left as their new logo. 

Does anyone have an feedback. Logo design is hard! And im far from an artist. Would you guys do anything different?

On 5/14/2017 at 6:55 PM, Wildgoose said:

I think you done good. I usually try to hash out some basics ahead of time with hand drawn rough stuff to get a good feel for the overall theme they want. Then throw a few out there.

What Wildgoose said is dead on.  You have to ask the client the correct questions regarding their vision.  I try to get my clients/customers to give me information on what they're about.  What sets them aside from others in the same industry/market.  Once I get some idea with what they're looking for, I ask about color scheme.  I think the right color scheme pulls the logo together at the end.  For example, I designed a logo for a customer, and he liked simple, black and grey.  Now this is awesome for cutting decals, or even screen printing.  However, it's hard to make a black and grey logo stand out in advertisements.  Kept the black as a main color,  and added a texture to the grey, giving it a brushed aluminum look.  The final touch was a little glow behind the logo to pop it out a bit.  Customer LOVED it.  

I really like the bottom right one (the red one). To me, it seems to be a classic/modern style that would still look in style 20 years from now.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I liked the bottom two myself. Its hard designing logos. Its something I want to get more practice doing. 

Well I do logos frequently.....I like the red one also....it links the produce to the land.

The top two are nothing unusual. The middle left looks like a dog tag and the one next to it looks like an engraved plaque. The bottom left looks like a car grill.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue2