VinylTeez

A little help

Can someone assist me in removing the "Mike will physique" and the surrounding black it's in?

I cannot completely remove the black. 

Thank you

Screenshot_20170513-131732.jpg

Dakota has already helped you, but if I may, how were you trying to remove the section? The part you're wanting to keep is pretty basic and would be a very simple manual trace. If you've never done a manual trace this would be a good image to practice on.

• Like 2

darcshadow makes a good point = what are you doing to learn?  a baby bird is only fed so long before they are pushed out to see if they can fly on their own - use this newbie time to learn and ask questions on how to do it yourself

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

darcshadow makes a good point = what are you doing to learn?  a baby bird is only fed so long before they are pushed out to see if they can fly on their own - use this newbie time to learn and ask questions on how to do it yourself

Exactly------I studied for 2 months before i jumped into this field of learning what software was needed,the basics etc ,but afterwards i still needed help but at least i had the concept down and a little extra knowledge ..this process your asking is a cake walk to learn..

Thanks Dakota

I use SCAL and Inkscape. I was able to take out the Mike Will but the smokey black around it was giving me problems. I don't usually do any photoshop or image editing. My main thing is pretty much just text.

I'm definitely open minded and don't want to be "fed". I like to try to do my own thing before asking for help.

the MW is called ----- Ethnocentric (Regular)

the P needs to be modded  but used Infinity Media font to make it work.,But it is a simple process.here ie the final jpeg result.The more you ask for links on how to do things or learn the better you will become. But you will never stop learning ..591a637a7b36b_MWP2.thumb.jpg.3e9d37851631a7b8ba3a158a5dd10d9b.jpg

12 hours ago, VinylTeez said:

Thanks Dakota

I use SCAL and Inkscape. I was able to take out the Mike Will but the smokey black around it was giving me problems. I don't usually do any photoshop or image editing. My main thing is pretty much just text.

I'm definitely open minded and don't want to be "fed". I like to try to do my own thing before asking for help.

So did you use the auto trace function in inkscape? As Primal did, finding the font and recreating it is the ideal way to go. Second option would be to manually trace it all. The letters in this case are pretty basic and a manual trace using the bezier tool should give good results.

Another helpful tip is to draw circles in where you can (on appropriate artwork, see attached screen shot) with a circle tool and then break the circle to form nice clean radius work. Then you just tie in the straight stuff for a good clean job. I rarely use the easy trace button. I am way too picky and spend more time trying to clean it up and get it symmetrical than just drawing it out manually. With practice you can knock out something like this is just a few minutes and have a beautiful job.

Screen shot.png

MWP.eps

• Like 1

Well here is an easy way to do it using SignBlazer, I suggest you download it if you don't have it, it is much user friendly than most other software.

Vectorize it with Inkscape Auto Trace then copy and paste the vector into SignBlazer.

You will need to do some minor node editing to get it looking perfect though...

https://www.screencast.com/t/rqeNCRa7Ywo

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

• Like 1

You guys are so helpful! I've used inkscape trace before on some images. I try to get the font before tracing it.

I took your advice goose and did the circles (it took a while to figure out how to cut it out). I added the circle then did PATH and BACK MINUS FRONT, then deleted the no good parts, then UNION it.

This is what I got so far. now I need to make the P a little longer and add the rest.

mwptest.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VinylTeez said:

I took your advice goose and did the circles (it took a while to figure out how to cut it out). I added the circle then did PATH and BACK MINUS FRONT, then deleted the no good parts, then UNION it.

This is what I got so far. now I need to make the P a little longer and add the rest.

Yeah every program is a little different but vectors are essentially the same, just have to develop a workflow that makes sense to you. It's a skill that is well rewarded in this business. 

• Like 1