Primal Decals

Ai and photoshop help please

I have a return customer which is a tattoo artist, he designed  up a new project for me to do for him , He designed it in Photoshop and i told him to send it to me which ended up being eps and for some reason i cant get it to open in ai or photoshop So i can make it usable to cut or print or view.....I have the newer versions than he does i believe.So what can i tell him to save it as so i can open it in either Ai or Ps? Im either going to do this in layers or just have it outsourced to print on clear.,Not sure yet till i see the design in my software.... I have uploaded the design how he sent it to me .Hopefully someoone can help figure this out with the issue.. I will also post the view-able image as well.  The files are below of what he sent.

A huge thank you to who ever can help.. Dwayne

18176157_10207116881758799_1858179010_o.jpg

window_decal_resizer2.eps

window_decal_resizer2DCS2.eps

I could not open it either Primal,

Cal

i was able to open the original PS file i posted last but i dont know how or what to do to make work in ai? I know i need to install 2 fonts that he used that i dont have..

@wildgoose ?

1 minute ago, mark-s said:

Here ya go quick trace, it`s going to need work.

mark-s

DOMINANT INK LOGO.ai

Thanks mark.Ill check it out. I know there has to be a way to do it .It took him a long to make it and i would really hate to ask him to do it over ...

You need to have him embed the fonts or convert them. Does he have the full suite? If so he can send it over to AI and save it there. 

The Fonts aren't the main problem... Foglihten No01, Carolina Mountains,

Bickham Script, & Killigrew are all available Free.

The Document is Profiled for Printing and though most of the Shapes are Paths,

about a third are Rastor and cannot be exported (as vector) to Illustrator.

Stuck with Redrawing or Tracing and Re-assembling from there.

Either way, plan on spending some time with it to replicate it exactly.

Personally, I'd take Mark's (decent) Facsimile and present it to the Client

with an Explanation of the file's  shortcomings for the Vinyl Plotter.

I don't have Adobe products so I can test with those.  But window_decal_resizer2.eps I can open with CorelDraw.  No vector components I can see. About 125 bitmaps.  Inkscape opens it too.

window decal resizer2.psd crashes Corel Photo-Paint 2017.  Gimp opens it and seems to preserve layers.  Seems all bit maps.  Skarekrow says there are paths in there but I don't see them in Gimp, thought that isn't surprising.  Maybe if I had Photoshop I could see the paths.

I too think to make it cut ready, its going to be redrawing or autotrace and tweak.  That is you will be doing the redoing, not the guy you got it from.  Mark's trace seems a good starting point.

4 hours ago, mark-s said:

Here ya go quick trace, it`s going to need work.

mark-s

DOMINANT INK LOGO.ai

Mark, that is actually a very nice trace for first round -- I looked at in CS6 and Omega...I would thermal print spot  white and the tan color on clear for smaller decals.

But for a large window, layered vinyl onsite would work best, or eco-solvent print.  Primal I will run a sample for small ones if you are interested.

Primal, I finally had time to actually open that file up in AI. I was only missing the foglihten font evidently but Skarekrow is dead on. Several of the raster elements within it wouldn't even trace out very well with the easy button. This would take some time to work through. I only have a very old version of PS and am not strong in that side. The whole design is pretty pixelated and would be a hand trace to make it look very good.

• Like 1

I was able to Export the Paths to Illustrator to Vm, Trace the Raster and Replace the Text.

Still needs a Nudge or Few to Taste.... (mostly around all those Vertical Bars).

This is a good Example of why I use VinylMaster (and Adobe CS3).

DominantInkLogo_02b.png.9b498a181ade602e21f34899dcb135f8.png

DominantInkLogo_02b.ai

• Like 4

Thanks to all you guys , I really appreciate your time :rolleyes:. I am able to fix any nodes etc..I guess it was saved as a lower res?..... If he were to save this at the highest resolution would it help at all or no..? Or what do you suggest i tell him to fix this madhouse design lol...

You can fix the design and show them just what kind of talent you have.

I have done it many times and you`ll most likely get a customer for life.

mark-s

• Like 1

There is no Resolution in Vector images.

The png I posted is 120 dpi at 591 x 636 pixels.

Yes, you can open the Vector file and enlarge it and save as

a Higher Resolution raster image and Yes, it would be helpful if

you were planning to Print the raster in a large size.

5 hours ago, skarekrow said:

There is no Resolution in Vector images.

The png I posted is 120 dpi at 591 x 636 pixels.

Yes, you can open the Vector file and enlarge it and save as

a Higher Resolution raster image and Yes, it would be helpful if

you were planning to Print the raster in a large size.

I know there is no resolution in vector images, i was meaning the ps file he originally made.I was just thinking if he saved or exported the PS file a higher res it would make it easier to trace etc or save it a certain way to make it easier to open or us in Ai,corel etc so it would be more Vector friendly etc. Im no artist in PS ,thats why he did the design how he wanted it. I guess im not explaining it correctly..

6 hours ago, mark-s said:

You can fix the design and show them just what kind of talent you have.

I have done it many times and you`ll most likely get a customer for life.

mark-s

I completely agree Mark-s. He is a constant return customer,when it came to this, he had idea for what he wanted but didnt know how to explain it,so he offered to just draw it up..But it fell apart when he saved it or exported it to me ,I just thought there was a way to save,export the file from Photoshop so the file would be editable or vector friendly in Ai etc. I have Ai cs6 and Ai cc.. with PS cs6.