Primal Decals

Removal of HTV possible

I  Have a return customer that purchased shirts before i became their go to guy that had htv on it for their logo and name on the pocket area. Is it possible to remove it some how so he doesnt have to toss all the shirts he bought so i can put the new logo and name on it? I told him it might not be possible but i would check with my Pro Buddies.My next thought was to make a background solid color then apply the new layers over the old image.? Thank you for your answers..

you will be sorry you tried but here is a product that will remove the HTV - it is very dangerous stuff, essentially dry cleaning solvent that if you read the MSDS you will wonder how they can sell it - I have used it but the shirts will never look as good as new and with the labor involved and coast of material think you will be disappointed that you put work out like that instead of using new - usually someone that wants to reuse shirts or banners is not the person I do business with - just sayin
US Cutter used to sell it but either I can't find it on the new site, they are out or wised up to the dangers of it

http://www.heatpressnation.com/albachem-heat-transfer-vinyl-letter-remover-no-1018.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gpla={ifpe:pe}{ifpla:pla}&keyword={keyword}&content={creative}&keyword=&utm_source=google

Thanks Dakota-He is willing to buy new, there is no issue on that at all.Was trying to save him some money,He has spent a ton of money on things thru me .So i had no problem checking into it.. There was a inter company change and he is the Head Boss now and he had changed the company name ,So he had spent a large amount on shirts before this makeover was done. I will just let him know the answer..Thank you..

• Like 2

I have done this; spray the INSIDE where the design is, let set for a few seconds and the HTV peels off (had to use tweezers on a few). The second design was sized as to cover the minimal "ghosting" that was there. Turned out really well. Don't want to do again though>

I have some of the remover mentioned above. It WILL take the vinyl off in a lot of cases (not all) but almost never completely removes the adhesive ghost. This is especially true on dark shirts. At that point you then have to launder the shirt to be sure you got all the remover out. Too much work usually. 

Can you cover up the old with a background color and make the new look more like a patch? 

• Like 1

My Son plays baseball. Of all the kids to get a messed up shirt, it was my Son. The guy the coach used pressed a 3 on my Son's shirt and then removed it and pressed the correct number 21 on it. Needless to say we could still see the 3 and he had to make my Son a whole new shirt cause the HTV was so thick my Son could not stand the feel of it on his back.

• Like 3