criesner

won't cut large correctly

hey guys trying to get the us cutter mh 871-mk2 to work using inkscape. I can cut small 3" stickers correctly but when I go to cut something that's 20" it screws up. It leaves out about 25% of the cut and also adds it's own random cuts in. Very frustrating and wasteful. 

Trying to trouble shoot so tried different things where I made the document the correct size of the cut and also one where I just opened up the document, resized the sticker and didn't resize the document which gave a slightly different cut..

When i took the same document it was messing up on and resized it down to 2" it cut fine.. 

I'm using the COM cable port not the USB

Any ideas? 

I may be the only one on here that uses Inkscape to cut with and I've never had any problems like you're describing. Only thing I can think of off hand is a comm issue. Double check the buad rates maybe.

Could also be static possibly, do you have the cutter on a stand, and the stand grounded?

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

I may be the only one on here that uses Inkscape to cut with and I've never had any problems like you're describing. Only thing I can think of off hand is a comm issue. Double check the buad rates maybe.

Could also be static possibly, do you have the cutter on a stand, and the stand grounded?

is the baud rate the pressure controlled by the F+/F- button? the manual says if you hit the rest it changes it back o 960

the cutter is on the supplied stand, not sure how to check if it's grounded or not, someone else put it together 

If you didn't ground it, then most likely it's not. Do a search on here on grounding the stand. It's pretty easy, just need to run a wire from the stand to a ground on the cutter.

Baud rate is a comm thing, nothing to do with pressure. The reset button will reset it to 9600, so make sure that Inkscape is set to 9600 as well, that is the default in Inkscape as well I believe. I don't remember what the other settings need to be, I'll check when I get home tonight. The Serial Flow Control in Inkscape is default to Software, that may need to be different.

Here's a screen shot of my connection settings in Inkscape, they are all the default settings so unless you've changed anything they should all be correct and not likely to be the problem.

My guess at this point would be static. Ground your stand/vinyl and try again. There are tons of posts on here about how to go about doing that, just do a search for grounding and/or static and you should find all the info you need.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:56 PM, darcshadow said:

Here's a screen shot of my connection settings in Inkscape, they are all the default settings so unless you've changed anything they should all be correct and not likely to be the problem.

My guess at this point would be static. Ground your stand/vinyl and try again. There are tons of posts on here about how to go about doing that, just do a search for grounding and/or static and you should find all the info you need.

hey the screenshot didn't show up. I didn't set up the machine but it looks like it's properly grounded with a wire going from one screw to another

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, criesner said:

hey the screenshot didn't show up. I didn't set up the machine but it looks like it's properly grounded with a wire going from one screw to another

Looks like I didn't attach it.  opps :huh:

Do you have another cutting program? If not, give SignBlazer a try and see if it behaves the same way. If it does then at least we've eliminated the software as the problem.