Sign in to follow this  
top1percent

Can LP2 auto-cut at conclusion of cut

Is the LP2 capable of performing an auto cutoff when it's finished cutting.  What I mean is can it spool an inch past the cut and then automatically cut off the vinyl you've just cut from the remainder of the spool?  Currently I have to manually spool the vinyl out and then use an xacto knife and cut it myself which is not perfectly straight.

Thanks for the help!

Brad

Nope, only cutter I am aware of that does that is a Graphtec FC.

Well, it doesn't "automatically" cut off the vinyl you have to press a button or two after the job is cut

Which is still a lot better than cutting off with scissors, knife, etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, top1percent said:

Is the LP2 capable of performing an auto cutoff when it's finished cutting.  What I mean is can it spool an inch past the cut and then automatically cut off the vinyl you've just cut from the remainder of the spool?  Currently I have to manually spool the vinyl out and then use an xacto knife and cut it myself which is not perfectly straight.

Thanks for the help!

Brad

Depending on what cutting program you're using, you can go in the settings and advance the vinyl however far you need.  Currently on mine it advances 3" forward, and it sets me up perfectly to cut the vinyl.  There is a small gap on the cutter that I use to make a straight cut.  I'll be cutting some vinyl tonight, so if you don't see what I mean on your cutter, I'll take a few photos to share and show you.  Hope this helps out bud...