88x

Race Car job

I think this one turned out nice. It was alot of fun getting the experience of layer all of the decals. I used @Wildgoose parchment paper trick and it worked like a charm.

IMG_20170506_135622701.jpg

IMG_20170506_135634998.jpg

IMG_20170506_135658709.jpg

IMG_20170506_135645872.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jcart said:

Looks awesome. :thumbsup:

It does, in fact.

Cal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amaterasu said:

Nice job, where can I read about this parchment paper trick? :D

• Like 2

what software was used for these numbers??  I want to start cutting racing vinyl and have played with Vinylmaster LTR but can't seem to produce "racing style" numbers..

thread is over 2 years old,  almost all software I have seen allows you to adjust a slant on any of the fonts - first step is finding a font you likeIn VMY pro once I select text tools it shows up as skew shown by the red arrow in this picture

temp2.jpg

• Like 1

I recommend starting with a straight up number font if you want to lean them each toward the back. Italic or other leaning fonts look weird when you force them to try and go the other way. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, speeddemon47000 said:

what software was used for these numbers??  I want to start cutting racing vinyl and have played with Vinylmaster LTR but can't seem to produce "racing style" numbers..

Everything on the car was designed and cut using Sure Cuts Alot Pro on a laserpoint 2 cutter. A couple things that I feel that make a "racing style" number is:

1. Has to be a bold looking font. Nothing script for numbers unless it's an added letter to the main number.

2. Needs to have at least one outline of a contrasting color with a drop shadow.

I agree with wild goose on the number design, it's definitely easier starting with a straight up font and tipping them back then taking an italics number and stretching them to make it look right for the right side of the car.

• Like 1