The Hanzo

VEVOR nightmare

is there any software out there compatible with a vevor VV375 cutter. artcut came with it and i cant even use the images that came with disk. also the image tracing is sub par. the machine cuts well just cant find anything that will play with it..HElp!

Boy, that really looks like an MH series cutter.  You can try and download signblazer, ( links on this site) - and / or  see if an MH series driver will run it.

maybe someone else can chime in, who has experience.

I tried sign cut pro i didnt see vevor as a manu. when it had me link to artcut it made me select hdme or something like that not even a manu. or model#

10 hours ago, Jburns said:

Boy, that really looks like an MH series cutter.  

Not even close

26 minutes ago, mb20music said:

Not even close

Hmm- I thought they were similar

MH Head

MH Head.jpg

VEVOR Head

VEVOR Head.jpg

VEVOR pinch rollers

VEVOR Pinch Rollers.jpg

MH Pinch Rollers

MH Pinch Rollers.jpg

VEVOR Cutter

VEVOR 375.jpg

MH Cutter

MH Vinyl cutter.JPG

Try the Seiki driver in SignCut. There are a few others also that operate on a generic code that I bet you can get it to work. 

With your Artcut software can you import and cut designs that you made elsewhere? You can design for free with Inkscape. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2017 at 3:18 AM, Wildgoose said:

Try the Seiki driver in SignCut. There are a few others also that operate on a generic code that I bet you can get it to work. 

With your Artcut software can you import and cut designs that you made elsewhere? You can design for free with Inkscape

Thanks man have accomplished alot with inkscape. Makes artcut2009 tolerable. The cutter is easy enough to use and cuts smalls well just kinda screwed with the software that came with it. It will get me through this year as i learn to use the programs better

6 minutes ago, The Hanzo said:

how can i import my inkscape images the svg will not work with artcut?

When you save your files in Inkscape you are given an option to also save in .eps   It would be wise to save both .eps and svg, in case you have to alter the design later.  As  inkscape cannot import .eps files.  You should be able to import .eps file in Artcut.  Most software can. 

59 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

When you save your files in Inkscape you are given an option to also save in .eps   It would be wise to save both .eps and svg, in case you have to alter the design later.  As  inkscape cannot import .eps files.  You should be able to import .eps file in Artcut.  Most software can. 

It turns this image to those lines and artcut does not come close you tracing the image

20170513_115608.jpg

20170513_135622.jpg

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Wildgoose said:

With your Artcut software can you import and cut designs that you made elsewhere? You can design for free with Inkscape. 

Which other generic drivers can I try for sign cut?

post a couple .eps. files that you have done...   How do you know they are good, if you can't import them?  Will those files work in other cutting programs? 

I have heard Artcut is pretty limited. If you expect to stay on the cutter world long term you would be best served finding a better cutting program. Your cutter is likely a bottom shelf item as well and that too will have a short lifespan if you get beyond the novice stage. Do some research BEFORE you jump into the programs out there. I think you have learned the hard way that cheapest isn't always the best value. there is a literal TON of information here on this forum if you do some digging you can find a lot of opinions on what cutters are the best for certain applications/budgets as well as the programs that run them. If you are planning to stay a hobbyist I would explore all your options with the ArtCut and see if you can find a combination that works. Most cutters come with a pen attachment. If yours didn't you may be able to backyard engineer something with a ball point or a fine tipped felt marker and use some butcher paper to test things out so you aren't wasting vinyl while you search for a working solution. 

If you have the budget to use SignCut beyond the free trial, they have live free tech support and I am almost positive they can figure you out. You have to contact them via email but they really do a great job with support. I have a $3500 cutter and chose to use SignCut over all the other options out there. I design in Illustrator but you can design in Inkscape too or Corel. 

• Like 1

Yup I'm goin to figure out a way to get sign cut going on my eBay cutter while I can keep it cutting. Here are some shots of what I have done with the artcut. I started down this path to add on my Hydrographics work and the possibilities are endless and I hope to keep on trucking

20170513_185958.jpg

20170513_182117.jpg

20170507_212632.jpg

Just a note on Inkscape, yes, it does not import EPS files natively, but with the aid of another program called Ghostscript Inkscape can be made to open EPS. Just do a google search for Inkscape and EPS and you should find the instructions on how to get it setup.

I think they use the cario engine now and or poppler internally to import eps in Inkscape, (no longer ghostscript.)  Maybe you could go Inkscape to pdf, pdf to artcut.  Postscrit, .ps might do it.  A simple design as eps shouldn't be a problem.  You run into problems with eps with advanced effects like transparency or gradients.  

Maybe you could post one of the eps files that is failing in artcut.  We here could take a look for something obvious.

During the "save as" you could try restricting it to "Postscript Level 2" in Inkscape. Maybe Artcut is that old?