Sign in to follow this  
Print Star

cannot open the output device. error initializing cutter

Had been cutting vinyl for about 45 minutes and SB froze up in the middle of a cut. Had to con+alt+del to shut it down. opened back up and went to try cutting and keep getting is this message. COM setting is right, baud, everything I can think of and have searched throuh forum for same problems and tried everything I can find. Nothing is working!

I don't have a serial port available. The only one I have is used for my monitor. HELP!!!!

Did it freeze up because one of the red "kill" buttons was pressed by the carriage?

No, nothing was touched. I was across the room weeding and thought it had finished cutting.

Good news though! I can't explain what happened but when i got home today and tried to cut it worked B) Didn't change anything that I can figure out.

I'm just glad its working again! ;D

Here is an interesting thing...when my comp drops a USB connection,it makes a sound. Most do. I have heard it drop just by walking near the cutter. Also by turning off a lamp that is plugged into the same outlet. NO idea why but point is,it can happen for lots of reasons.

Maybe that is what happened here. But would it just reconnect on its own. I know just enough about how computers operate to tear one up :thumbsup: