motoguy

Recommendation on sub $400 cutter for vinyl masking

As the title states, I'm looking for a sub $400 cutter.  I will be cutting vinyl for masking use, which I'll use on my powdercoat products/projects.  Most of these products will be 48"x48" or less in total size, and only a fraction of that will be masked.  One use will be masking for powder coated cups, which will be small 4" x 4" (or so) designs.

I already have a CNC plasma cutter, I use CorelDrawX7 for my design work, and I'm familiar with creating vector images.

I was going to purchase a Cameo 3, but I'm looking at other options in that price range.  Laserpoint II, Vinyl Express R31, USCutter MH or SC, etc.  I see the Titan 15" is $495, which is more than I'm wanting to spend.  However, if it's leaps and bounds, heads and shoulders better than anything else, maybe.  I'm confident the Cameo 3 will fulfill my needs.  However, if I can get a larger cut area printer for the same amount, that works as well, I may as well do that.

I'm curious what feedback you may have for the units in this price range.  I cannot justify breaking the price barrier I've set, so I won't be going with a Roland, Graphtec, etc at this time.  Maybe later, once the low-cost unit proves it's worth, but not now.

Well,  I would take the Vinyl Express R31  totally out, and replace it with a 30" Seiki vinyl cutter for $359,with stand and cutting software. It figured FREE shipping to me.  Then drop the MH,also.  At least start with the SC.  

15" cutters are a long way from 48"  Cameo 3 cuts less than 12" wide..  my 2c

I totally agree skeeter but sub $400 servos are like catching a unicorn :)

• Like 1