I just got my Titan 3 15" today and can't wait to get started!  HOWEVER, I will want to use it in my truck on-site and I'm VERY surprised to see NO tag showing it's UL listed, what voltage it uses and what the current used is.  Isn't this required by law???  Of course, I can put my KiloWatt meter on it but why is there no tag???  It doesn't even say where it was manufactured.  Very strange to see no labeling.  

not sure UL covers china :/    but looking on the uscutter site under specifications I find this 

Power Requirements Works on 110-120v @ 3amp or 200-240v @ 2amp

Knowing where to find the answers is half the battle

• Like 1

Thanks, Dakota!  I looked everywhere (well, I guess NOT) and couldn't find it!  

I see labels on everything electrical in my house and it's ALL made in China so there should be labels.  Maybe not UL, but ........... :)

Yes, UL is a US thing.  I had the misfortune in a former life of having to deal with the UL as well as DOT regulations.  Insurance companies and the NFPA can get very picky if a product is not UL certified.  Even the European version of the UL stamp, the CE stamp, does not satisfy them.  While the UL 'blessing' isn't required, it makes it much more difficult for a company to sell their products in the US without it.  That's why the UL is so rich.

5 hours ago, tjnamitw said:

Yes, UL is a US thing.  I had the misfortune in a former life of having to deal with the UL as well as DOT regulations.  Insurance companies and the NFPA can get very picky if a product is not UL certified.  Even the European version of the UL stamp, the CE stamp, does not satisfy them.  While the UL 'blessing' isn't required, it makes it much more difficult for a company to sell their products in the US without it.  That's why the UL is so rich.

I deal with all those agencies in the hospital.   It's serious business that everything has the proper UL certification.  

I have run my MH machine using a standard 12v power inverter.2214a47b-6cae-4f5e-8211-7ca298ad61e2_1.5

I'm at an RC airplane event this week and have been using a 230 CCA  lawn tractor battery and a 300w power inverter to run my Graphtec CE500-60 and my laptop without any problems. This is not the first time I have done this. I used the same setup with my MH-361 in the past.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 6:48 PM, arty-rc said:

I'm at an RC airplane event this week and have been using a 230 CCA  lawn tractor battery and a 300w power inverter to run my Graphtec CE500-60 and my laptop without any problems. This is not the first time I have done this. I used the same setup with my MH-361 in the past.

Do you go to Joe Nall?

5 hours ago, tjnamitw said:

I would if I wasn't so wiped out from working at Top Gun this week. My main position is Field Operations for the event. The vinyl work is secondary, making needed event signs and pilot graphics and "For Sale" signs,