thevinylroom

Signblazer elements/cutter problem, cant figure it out!

Hi folks, sorry this is my first post and ive jumped straight in to a question but im losing the will to live here!

basically signblazer and my cutter have had a perfect relationship for about 2 years now, but 2 days ago we lost the setting in signblazer! managed to get the cutter to work, everything is fine apart from this problem........

when i try cut something it wont start from the origin point! (ie it wont start from where i position the vinyl/needle)
it feeds the vinyl out the whole length of the job, then it starts to cut from there,so effectively wastes a whole jobs worth of vinyl (however big the job is!)

has anyone had this problem before? it has worked perfect without fault up to now, and still works fine. just i cant stop it from feeding the roll before it cuts! PLEASE HELP!

thanks in advance, Brad.

I have never seen software start cutting exactly where you put the blade...The cutter will start cutting where the design was originally created at...Example  If I have a 5 ft design,, The vinyl may feed 3 ft and start cutting, then come back and finish the rest of the job towards the front of the vinyl.   I have never used Signblazer,   But I can see it has CUTTER MOVEMENT  Normal,, Best Tracking,  Fastest Path..  Did you change something there? Or in the cutter set up?   The software is free,  Have you tried  to just uninstall, reinstall?

thanks for the reply, for the past couple of years we have used it without fault. we feed the vinyl through to make sure there is enough vinyl and that it stays lined up etc, then we roll the vinyl back to the start of the roll, press origin and then press cut on signblazer and it cuts right from there.

now it runs through the size of the thing im cutting (so if im cutting say a 1.5m long item it feeds through 1.5m then starts cutting from there, but doesnt come back towards the front of the vinyl it just starts at 1.5m then carries on from there, so effectively im left with 1.5m worth of vinyl that is uncut)

i have tried the various options of cutter movement and i havnt tried to unistall/reinstall as im scared i will lose years of saved work :/

Many people have uninstalled/reinstalled Signblazer and have never lost their work... Can't you save your files elsewhere?   I would never keep all of my files in 1 place..  Don't you have your files backed up?  Many people come on here begging for help, as their computer crashed, then they don't have their files..  I keep my files on several different computers.. Email drafts,  and an external hard drive.  Many different places off my computer.   You could get a thumb drive and save your files...

I don't use Signblazer, like I said,  only offering some advice.  Start with backing up your files..that is a must if your going to run a business.

Maybe someone else can help that uses Signblazer.,  Maybe it could be a driver.

I use to use SB and never had a problem like you're describing and can't thing of any settings off hand that would need to be checked. When I get time tonight I'll look at my SB and see if anything jumps out at me for you to check.

little update, it works perfect on smaller items now. starts from the point of origin, but on larger items or if i try cut a few of 1 item it still feeds the roll and starts further in but doesnt come back towards the front of the roll.

saved all work, next step is uninstall as it doesnt look like theres a setting that can be changed.

Sorry forgot to look at SB when I got home last night, I'll try and remember again tonight. FYI, you shouldn't loose any of your files when you uninstall the program. Always a good idea to back things up though.

Hi, and welcome.

Skeeter said " I have never seen software start cutting exactly where you put the blade...The cutter will start cutting where the design was originally created at... "

This seems wrong ---  Cutting should start where the blade is placed. That's the whole point of setting Origin.

If it DOESN'T, then you have WYSIWYG selected (in SBE, WYSIWYG is cancelled/overridden by "Fit To Origin")

I suspect you have that checkbox unchecked.  Check it.

Well it is true, rarely does the start of a cut actually start where the blade is positioned, it almost always moves first, I think that's what Skeeter was saying.

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Well it is true, rarely does the start of a cut actually start where the blade is positioned, it almost always moves first, I think that's what Skeeter was saying.

Yes, the blade will move over to the place where it detects the first node. That node could be right where the blade is (Letter "L" will start exactly from blade-set position, but "O" might have to move a bit).

In any case, "Fit To Origin" needs to be selected.

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Hi, and welcome.

Skeeter said " I have never seen software start cutting exactly where you put the blade...The cutter will start cutting where the design was originally created at... "

This seems wrong ---  Cutting should start where the blade is placed. That's the whole point of setting Origin.

If it DOESN'T, then you have WYSIWYG selected (in SBE, WYSIWYG is cancelled/overridden by "Fit To Origin")

I suspect you have that checkbox unchecked.  Check it.

The point of ORIGIN is to start the measuring process,  X Y  0 0.  I use Flexi  and a Graphtec.   My cutter never starts cutting, in the right corner. It travels to the start of the design, And most designs are created from the inner part of the design.. Now I can use  Optimize  CUTTING ORDER,  And it will start at the first section, advance to next section, and to the end of the design. Many people have come on here, with the value vinyl cutters, and stated their cutter will start way away from the right corner, and finish up the whole job like I explained,,, and I have explained to them why....just like mine. Most were using Scalp.   I have no such thing as WYSIWYG  in Flexi.  My design sits in lower right corner. And my statement remains "I have never seen software do that."..   My Seiki cutter/with Flexistarter was the same way...It traveled to the start of the design.and worked out to finish the job...

fit to origin is checked, origin is set to X=0 and Y=0

any small job it cuts perfect, on a larger run it just spooks out, i cut a lot of vehicle sunstrips and they are basically just a long rectangle......the cutter is feeding the vinyl the whole length of the sunstrip without cutting, then it starts cutting but works into the vinyl not back towards the front.

any wording etc or a smaller items its seems to be ok. 
i guess the only thing left to do it reinstall it, i shall report back as soon as i have done so.

thanks for the advice so far.