Bhill

Best software for auto signs

I have bought mh 721 and plan on doing vinyl for race cars , lettering , numbers , etc, I got some software with unit but doesn't seem to have all that much, what software do you guys recommend for my needs? Also how do you cut somethings that are say 3 feet in length as to just one page when  I open to create it seems as if I have to create something that would only fit on a piece of paper.......  Newbie.   Thanks

So which software do you have?   Inkscape.org is FREE design software.  save as an .eps file and import.into cutting software.  And Signblazer is an unlimited trial of design and cutting software,, but it has not been updated for years...

Signblazer is good for basic stuff, and is free. It's both a cut and design software. Inkscape is a free design program, and can do nearly as much as the high priced design programs such as Corel, or Adobe. They all have a learning curve and some things are easier to do in one program than another, it all comes down to personal preference. I'm a big fan of Inkscape simply because it's free, and quite powerful, I have not been able to do what I needed using Inkscape although I know some things I've done can be done much easier and faster in other software.

As Skeeter asked though, what do you have now? If all you're wanting to do is basic text most likely what you have will get the job done.

to make things biger than your vinyl is wide you would tile the project so it is cut in sections with a small overlap.   think you are just now finding out there will be a learning curve to working with vector graphics as it is not like working with raster pictures that most people are familiar with - it's a different process than printing, welcome aboard

• Like 1

"Also how do you cut somethings that are say 3 feet in length as to just one page when  I open to create it seems as if I have to create something that would only fit on a piece of paper..."

There is a feature within VinylMasterCUT software toolbar to adjust the page size (workspace) as well as an option to define the media size itself. Click 'Send To Cut' and then right next to the Cutter Model (under General tab) is "PROPERTIES" button, which opens a screen where you can change the length of material being used ---  for instance, I generally have my software adjusted to 999 inches, which allows me to do longer jobs and not "tile" (although of course I'm still limited by the actual width of the vinyl)

My guess is he is using Sure Cuts A Lot Pro.   If that's what you are using, it is similar to what the guy above me said, you have to adjust your workspace size.  I'm not in front of my PC, but if you need help on how to do it, let me know.

Also, for what you need it for, sure cuts a lot is good.  It may be basic, but you are mainly using it for numbers and letters, so what features do you have that you can't find?     

You could use illustrator if you want to pay that much, that's what I use (and photoshop).