Sign in to follow this  
acook17

Help with printer profiles

Good morning, I have a Mutoh VJ 1614A, Ripping with Flexiprint, Using 3M 1080 and IJ35 materials. I am using Eco-sol max 2 ink.

My problem is when I print my colors are always off. My grey comes out with a pinkish color and when using spot colors they dont print correct at all. I downloaded and installed the correct ICC profiles but it is still the same. Any suggestions on what my next move should be to correct this issue?For reference I also have a VJ 1624, with correct profiles, that does not have these issues. Thanks

how long have you used roland ink in your mutoh printer - I didn't even know they had profiles for that ink for the mutoh - news to me

On 5/1/2017 at 7:31 AM, acook17 said:

Good morning, I have a Mutoh VJ 1614A, Ripping with Flexiprint, Using 3M 1080 and IJ35 materials. I am using Eco-sol max 2 ink.

My problem is when I print my colors are always off. My grey comes out with a pinkish color and when using spot colors they dont print correct at all. I downloaded and installed the correct ICC profiles but it is still the same. Any suggestions on what my next move should be to correct this issue?For reference I also have a VJ 1624, with correct profiles, that does not have these issues. Thanks

You are having problems with your print profiles. Ink is ink, and it doesn't matter, we used many different inks on our bulk ink system on our rolands, till we found one that we really like and that lasts for long time outside against outdoor elements.   

from my experience I  have to disagree.  the solaris ink that came in my original solvent printer colors were way different until profiles adjusted from the factory ink.   but I don't use bulk ink and am pretty particular on the prints