Koldnrg

My first two projects

Picked up a mh-871 2 months ago.  After doing a ton of reading online and playing with making a few smaller items I felt comfortable enough to make some decals for our farm and our neighbors farm.  Just picked up a larger job from someone who saw my work on the neighbors rig so must not be too bad...   Anyways let me know what you think. 

If I could change anything I would highlight the remainder of the text on the red truck in silver as well.  But that is our truck so its good enough for now.  

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

• Like 3

Nice work, like them both.

And welcome aboard,

Cal

Few from today, part of a large order I received.  Still have a combine and 4 pickups to vinyl up.  Turning out pretty good I think.  For some reason on the black truck it looks like a white vinyl background buts its actually metallic silver.    

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

• Like 1

Are you sure you just started a couple months ago?

Those are really nice!

Cal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

Are you sure you just started a couple months ago?

Those are really nice!

Cal

Thanks!  Yeah just started, layering vinyl is nerve racking, assembling it all before applying.   Starting to wonder if layering it on site wouldn't work better.  Then again if I mess one up at home I can just remake it.  On site kinda screwed.  

No comma between Rushville, Nebraska, and on that black truck you are missing the dot in the "I" in Rushville

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 9:54 AM, mfatty500 said:

No comma between Rushville, Nebraska, and on that black truck you are missing the dot in the "I" in Rushville

The no commas was intentional per the customer.  The missing dot on the I is a good catch thanks.  I'll have to fix that on my next trip to finish up.  

• Like 1

On 8.5.2017 at 4:44 AM, Koldnrg said:

Thanks!  Yeah just started, layering vinyl is nerve racking, assembling it all before applying.   Starting to wonder if layering it on site wouldn't work better.  Then again if I mess one up at home I can just remake it.  On site kinda screwed.  

Layering? They look printed :o Nice job.

• Like 1

QUOTE> "Then no commas was intentional per the customer."

Yup... if I had a nickel for every Client that insisted on Improper Punctuation, I'd be a Rich Man.

...said no one ever.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, skarekrow said:

QUOTE> "Then no commas was intentional per the customer."

Yup... if I had a nickel for every Client that insisted on Improper Punctuation, I'd be a Rich Man.

...said no one ever.

Out here in the middle of the country a lot of local US mail will not even have commas between city and state.  Guess we are just ignorant hicks.  Lol.  

12 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

Sometimes you just have to tell the customer to zip it..

Yeah, I have one right now that is insisting on using a very old piece of clipart and only reference is off of an old business card.  I really don't like the design as it makes it look like my machine was messing up.  

Hicks? You mean there are hicks in OTHER states? Wow, I thought I was all alone. I guess I'm NOT special after all.

Those look great and nice score on the job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Hicks? You mean there are hicks in OTHER states? Wow, I thought I was all alone. I guess I'm NOT special after all.

Those look great and nice score on the job.

Thanks!

Finished up for the most part today.  I really like the way the 3 color one turned out on the pickup.  Customer was very excited about it.  

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 6:02 AM, DNA_Vinyl said:

Nice. I want to do a truck but...I don't advertise...ha!

Welcome!

I don't advertise (yet) but 50% of my work is semis with the logo, dot and vin numbers.  But my main job is in the oil field, so it's easy to get jobs.