bassboy3313

Inkscape to FlexiSign Pro - Broken Up Lines HELP!!!

1 hour ago, bassboy3313 said:

I know it can't be the cutter itself since when opening the .eps file in flexisignpro and "breaking the design apart, it shows all the individual lines that were created for some reason. So it has to be either the way I am saving the .eps from inkscape or the way flexisign is opening the .eps

I don't think you understand what Break Apart means.  In most vector software there is an option to break apart a curve into subpaths.  This creates a new set of curves/objects.  But if it is a curve before you break it apart, it isn't really individual components, it is one curve, one path.  Looking at the file, there is no reason I can see it should not cut fine.  Applying a break apart operation to it would make it several objects instead of one.

5 minutes ago, dcbevins said:

I don't think you understand what Break Apart means.  In most vector software there is an option to break apart a curve into subpaths.  This creates a new set of curves/objects.  But if it is a curve before you break it apart, it isn't really individual components, it is one curve, one path.  Looking at the file, there is no reason I can see it should not cut fine.  Applying a break apart operation to it would make it several objects instead of one.

That would make sense. Now that you mention that, I think what I have been doing is selecting "break apart" due to not being able to simply "ungroup" when I open the .eps in flexisign. I believe the ungroup option is grayed out. Is there another way to separate the different designs from each other without breaking it apart when the ungroup command is grayed out? 

MZ SKEETER, you said you cut 2 of the designs that I posted earlier just fine. How did you separate those 2 designs from the others? Was your ungroup command grayed out or no?

Looks like I will most likely be purchasing Vinylmaster. Just downloaded the demo to see what it can all do and seems to be equivalent enough to work.