bassboy3313

Inkscape to FlexiSign Pro - Broken Up Lines HELP!!!

Hey guys. I have been looking for a solution to this. have even contacted a few places and still haven't heard anything back. Hoping someone here can help. Here is my issue...

I create a design in Inkscape, save as a .EPS file, and open it up in FlexiSign Pro. It shows up fine on the screen in Flexi, but when I go to cut it on my cutter, all the lines that make up the design have been broken up into even smaller lines. This makes for a pretty bad cut, visually and for weeding since there are so many breaks.

For an example, instead of doing one smooth pass to cut out a circle, Flexi breaks the circle up into 10 or so curved lines. Now the cutter has to start and stop 10 times to cut of the same circle, causing breaks  and not so smooth cuts. 

What am I doing wrong between Inkscape and Flexi for Flexi to open the design up this way and send it to the cutter this way too?!?!

Thanks.

So if you have Flexisignpro,  why are you designing in Inkscape? No reason to..  Flexisign pro is design and cut.  Next question  What version of Flexisignpro on what computer operating system? 

I have flexisign pro on my personal computer at home (where I do the cutting for my side business). When I have a little down time at the office for my day job I do design work in Inkscape (since I cannot download Flexisign on my work computer). I will get the flexisign pro versio for you tonight when I get home. I run Windows 10 on my personal computer.

Ok  So does your Flexisignpro have a USB dongle (like a flash/thumb drive)  or no USB dongle?    SAI has very good support for Flexi, 

I dont use a thumb drive. When I do a design in inkscape at work, I have been saving it as an .EPS file and emailing it to myself. Then I just download the .EPS from my email on my personal computer. Then open it in Flexi.

If you mean that the actual program itself is on a thumb drive, then no. Its on my personal computer at home and not "portable" in a sense.

Yes its a subscription. Would this have anything to do with the issue I am having with opening inkscape .eps files in flexisignpro or?

Seeing as how your using a subscription, best advise is to contact SAI...They have great support for their Flexi software. They can even remote your computer. 

• Like 2

Maybe if you posted the inkscape file as svg and the eps file also from inkscape on dropbox or some such service, someone here could look for something obvious in the file.

Inkscape I think use the Cairo engine for things like eps and pdf.  It will fail at some things, transparency being notorious.  It will rasterize some effects also.

Post the files so we can have a look. 

Here is the Inkscape .svg file along with the .eps file saved from Inkscape as well. Thanks

<files removed my moderator >

Edited by Wildgoose
Copyright protected
  • Like 1

I randomly cut 2 of the .eps files,  right 2nd down and top left.  They cut and weeded just fine  No broken lines...using Flexistarter 8,6 software on a Graphtec

You still never stated what version of FlexisignPro you are using,  and you never did state what vinyl cutter..  Problem is past the .eps files. IMO

Sorry. Had a work meeting till late last night. I know its flexisignpro 10 and I am using a yescom 34" vinyl cutter (shown below). I know it can't be the cutter itself since when opening the .eps file in flexisignpro and "breaking the design apart, it shows all the individual lines that were created for some reason. So it has to be either the way I am saving the .eps from inkscape or the way flexisign is opening the .eps

Capture.PNG

First you stated  your Flexisign pro was a subscription,  now you state you know it is Flexisign Pro 10,,,  Well there is NO legal version of Flexisign Pro10 that will run without a USB dongle. FlexisignPro 10 came on a disc.  That dongle is the password for the software.and a LEGAL version will not work without it. You have stated you are not using a USB flashdrive to make it work....  FlexisignPro never had subscription not until Cloud 11 and 12.    So pretty much what you have explained is that you are using pirated software. I have Flexisoftware 10  and it requires a USB dongle to work.  So I am done here. Goodluck 

Never knew that. The computer came with the cutter when I bought it since it had the software on it already. Never heard of a software needing a dongle to work. Looks like I got screwed, huh? Crap! Well, I guess flexisign is out of the question now since it's way too expensive to purchase "again". What other software can do large format (30" x unlimited length), but doesn't cost close to $1k? I've heard Sure Cuts A Lot is good, but it limits the length you can cut to 72". Is this true?

Sorry for all this. Glad I am aware now that this software isn't legit. Gotta do some research on other software now...

Legal Flexisignpro software Always has a USB dongle.,  That is how it is protected.  That dongle is the password for the software. Nothing else will work. The software will not even open , You will get an error.    This is the legal version below  and you can see it has the USB dongle, sitting right there with the disc.   It raises HUGE red flags on here when some one is using a $3000 software on a $300 vinyl cutter...Makes no sense... :o   I use a $100 software on a $3000 vinyl cutter, And I guarantee you  my cuts will be better than yours. 

flexi 10.jpg

scalp is crafter software - look at vinylmaster in the upper end so it has the features if you don't want to design in corel and cut in whatever like flexi starter

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

scalp is crafter software - look at vinylmaster in the upper end so it has the features if you don't want to design in corel and cut in whatever like flexi starter

From what I am reading about vinylmaster, it may the the way to go for the time being. The question is, can I use vinylmaster on multiple cpmputers? Or can I still design in inkscape on my work computer and open the files in vinylmaster once I get home after work?

You can save your files in .eps from Inkscape and import into Vinyl Master    Also that cutter MH series has very limited memory,  So unlimited,length...  hardly  

I've been cutting 24" x 10ft length designs no problem with it, thank you very much. By unlimited I meant larger than what SCAL and some other programs allow you to.