BigBen

Cutting Sideways

Something has gone haywire. I've had my Titan 2 and Vinyl Master Cut 4.0 for about a year; all's well. Then Monday it started cutting sideways. 

The initial preview in the spooler looks good. The "Advance after cut" line is shown, and the orientation is what I want (arrows pointed down, which really means the leading edge of the vinyl). 

When I tell it to cut, the Advance line goes away.

Using a pen in the plotter you can see what I get out.  The arrows are facing SIDEWAYS.  The designs seem to be cut properly, but unfortunately they run off the side of the material, because my design was taller than the 12" width of my vinyl.

I verified that this is not a cutter or driver problem, because I can cut from Sure Cuts A Lot and things do fine. So I uninstalled and re-installed VMC...but the problem persists. 

I put in a trouble ticket to USCutter, and have gotten no reply in two days. I called their tech support phone number and the hold time was 60 minutes.  haha  

Any ideas?  Thanks for your help!!!

Screenshot 2017-04-26 21.29.07.png

Screenshot 2017-04-26 21.29.21.png

IMG_20170426_212952.JPG

In the vinyl spooler check the settings up in the tab, make sure the rotation hasn't been messed with. 

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!  

Thank You!

I'm still confused how re-installing didn't fix this...and the feature is TERRIBLY handled.  But here's the scoop. There is a "Change Rotation" option in the settings that I had overlooked. If you click this, the menu goes away, but you get no other feedback. There's no check-mark next to it like there is Inches above) to indicate that you had clicked it.  So I must have clicked this by accident at one point in the past couple days. Maybe.  In any case, thank you! THANK YOU! #sanityrestored

Screenshot 2017-04-26 22.28.46.png

Ya, it's been mentioned before that a check mark or some sort of Sign to let you know this has been ticked would be great.   Happens a lot. 

Glad you're back going,  you're welcome. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.