Primal Decals

stretch or shorten text on path on a circle Ai cs6/cc

I cant find my notes on this and i cant remember the terminology of it lol. I have my text on a path which is a circle ,I cant remember how to make it shorter so i can add the rest of my text to fit around the circle and keep the spacing correct so the letters dont bunch up to close and look out of place,right now its too long to fit < Thank you as always..

In this circumstance I think I would just go in the text tools where you change fonts and adjust the width of the text. This will cause the letters to be skinnier than normal just like on regular text.

• Like 1

I think you may have been just looking in the wrong place. Pretty easy to do in AI.

1 minute ago, Wildgoose said:

I think you may have been just looking in the wrong place. Pretty easy to do in AI.

ya i was, and not being able to remember what it was called didnt help..Thanks again bud.

The technical term in AI that you were probably thinking of is Tracking which is very similar to the term often used known as Kearning. Technically speaking Kearning is more complex and deals with specific space between certain letters as they interact with others where Tracking is an overall space adjustment between selected letters and only adds evenly to the already spaced lettering. I have often had to slide a letter here or there to get it visually balanced.

In your case since you didn't want the letters to start touching the only option is to stretch or shrink the letter width or adjust overall text size.  

• Like 1