justbrenda

Trouble importing an .eps file into SCAL Pro

I am trying to import an .eps file into SCAL Pro and although my software seems to be doing "something", nothing happens and the file is not visible after it sits there for a few seconds.  Is there a file size limit? 

I tried one of the online converters and converted the file to an .svg and tried importing that, but that only made my software crash.

HELP!  I hate to admit defeat and tell someone I can't do something but I'm about at that point with this shirt request.

Thanks!

Maybe it's not really an .eps file...Just because a file is saved as an .eps file  does not mean it is a real .eps vector file....   Can you post the file? 

• Like 1

That file is 252 MB     and too huge to do anything with....It took forever,    My very hardest long very detailed file is only 589 KB

You should talk to your friend.  I have no idea why they would make a file that large.    I have many folders that have large 50 or more .ai files grouped in them that you extract and use the files and they are only 12 MB for the whole folder.  

• Like 1

I would guess it's probably has several raster graphics stored in the file. As Skeeter was referring too, just because a file is saved as an EPS, doesn't mean the image is a vector.

CANTON_COUGARS_Repaired.eps

I took the liberty of a few small changes... There still is a small amount of clean up work but,

That's up to you. If you are planning to cut this in vinyl, put the Black Layer on top.

CANTON_COUGARS_Repaired.png.971f3fdd62a1a2cd41220a2fafc5af5c.png

• Like 1

It was likely the small amount of Gradient on the "Allstar Baseball Club" Text that was causing most of the issues in your SCALP... Some Vector Software have problems handling it. The ENORMOUS Size of the enclosed Raster image wasn't helping matters either. Your friend seems to have designed the image with Print in mind, not vinyl.

Also, As Skeeter & DarcShadow referred to, just because a file is saved as an EPS, doesn't mean the image is a vector. A files format, in this case, 'eps' is just a container and that particular container is able to store either or both, Raster and Vector data. The only vector info in your original file was the Text. The Cougar image was Raster.