JuliaTN

Graphtec 6000-60 vs Titan 2 28"

I'm currently using a Titan 2 and find that it isn't completely reliable in terms of tracking. For example, if I'm cutting a long page full of 9s there might be a couple of them that have the inner bit of the 9 offset just a bit from where it should be. Not horribly so but enough that I have to recut them. There's no rhyme or reason to when it happens except that it's worse on runs over about 45". To compensate for that, I just don't do runs any longer than that. I've called support on numerous occasions and it's better than it was but the bottom line is that I end up having to babysit the machine instead of setting up a 10-15' run and walking away. 

If I were to upgrade to the Graphtec, would it be noticeably more reliable in that way or do I need to resign myself to my current fate? 

the graphtec will be better and more reliable - look at the number of people on the forum that have been doing this more than 5+ years that own a graphtec - think that speaks volumes and how many of us have even bought new graphtecs when replacing our old ones.

• Like 1

My niche' is long designs, 90" up to 16 ft....x 20-27" wide.  The Graphtec is Great....Cuts them with no problems  I own a FC unit plus purchased 2 CE5000-60 for my kids.   I will always buy a Graphtec. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I'm currently looking for bigger digs. As soon as I have a bit more space I'll go for the Graphtec and keep the Titan for smaller stuff. 

I have the titan 2 28" as well and i have been able to cut up to 15 feet designs with no issues at all with 12 " tall letters..