Blackjack2359

Why does this happen when in vectorizer?

Best bang for the buck would be to buy full fledged Corel draw and then cut from flexi or VM cut.    Corel draw has almost all of flexi pro design tools and much less cost than buying flexi pro.     Expecting flexi starter to have the pro tools you are looking for at cut rate prices just isn't reasonable.   The best all in one is the higher end vinylmaster products until you truly get into pro software IMHO

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Blackjack2359 said:

In your honest opinion, do you think Flexistarter 12 Cloud edition would be good software for designing and cutting?

No.   I have already said that there is more in Vinyl Master CUT than Flexistarter  a couple times...It is basic cutting software.  I did not put big money in the software.....I put the big money in my vinyl cutter....  

• Like 2

All I am trying to accomplish is to take a photo (white silhouette), change it by adding colors, and cut it out. For some reason beyond my comprehension, it isn't coming out as expected. Just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong or could do better. If it's a software issue, then I need different or better software. If it's lack of knowledge, then I need to learn more.

Thank you for all of your input.

Edited by Blackjack2359
Re-wording

Sounds to me it's knowledge, you have inkscape, which is a great free program that can do more than enough to get your feet wet, but like all software, it does have a learning curve and if you've never worked with vector art work before that learning curve is a bit steeper. Wrapping your head around vectors and how it all works is the first step.

Start with something simple. Use inkscape and just draw some random shapes, maybe a circle, square, and triangle, all overlapping a little bit and in different colors. Save that file off as an eps then import it into VM, key word being import. You do not need to vector anything, the file you created in Inkscape already is a vector, so if you're using VM to vector it you've done something wrong.

Once you figure out how to do this basic exercise it shouldn't be much harder to do what you are wanting.

• Like 2