Help!  Has anyone seen the DRV ERROR - RESTART POWER message??  I have  a TITAN 2 that is only 3 months old.  I have  ticket in with USC and was advised to move the carriage from left to right with machine off to correct error...no go on that one.

I have disconnected all power sources as well to break connection.  HELP?  Have a big order to get out.

Any advice appreciated.

• Like 1

Found this related to the DRV error,    a UScutter guy named WildAlaska  made these videos,  Seems related to the motor.  They are using the Titan 3 as an example, but should see be close.   All I could find. 

http://vidzhd.in/video-download/8EzxCiPild2.html

Found it here.    http://vidzhd.in/download/saga-vinyl-cutter-arms.html

Even the best factory's, defective components slip through on occasion. Sucks that is happened to you, but should be covered under warranty.

I JUST SOLVE this issue by power off equipment then turn the rollers and power back on....problem solved

On 5/27/2017 at 1:34 PM, Vere said:

I JUST SOLVE this issue by power off equipment then turn the rollers and power back on....problem solved

This was the first suggestion from support. move the carriage to one end and back again a few times before powering on. for me it didnt help i still had the DRV error on my titan2. so i contacted support again and they sent out a new motherboard. 

i get it and its a bit different from the other but maybe revised and better now! (the x and y are also unlabeled so make sure you pay attention to how you wire it up)

works well for small cuts under 1-2 minutes for a week or two. 

then i get a bigger project from a friend and went to cut it last night and mid way though maybe 3-4 minutes into the 5 minute print it stops.... so i look ever and it has "drv error" ugh really!!!!

i turn it off and on again to see the error has gone away! i try my print again and not even 2 minutes into the cut it stops... drv error...

so i then just turned it off for fear of it breaking itself or something. 

it is wired correctly, grounded, and was working fine for a bit. 

is the titan2 just wonky?

I would contact support on your issue - I know bannerjohn has been using his titan2 since they first came out and a lot of other members use them so thinking it is a issue with your unit or install

24 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you ever turn the grit rollers as stated?   Not the carriage head... 

i did turn the grit rollers as stated in this thread since this was first thing i found about the drv error but when i contacted support they said to move the head not the rollers. but yeah 

i have tried both.

41 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I would contact support on your issue - I know bannerjohn has been using his titan2 since they first came out and a lot of other members use them so thinking it is a issue with your unit or install

i have reached out. its just a slow process to get a reply at all. and when i do its just a single reply per day so getting things sorted or troubleshooting is hard. ill wait to see what they say since it has a brand new mother board.

59 minutes ago, straw_hat said:

i have reached out. its just a slow process to get a reply at all. and when i do its just a single reply per day so getting things sorted or troubleshooting is hard. ill wait to see what they say since it has a brand new mother board.

if you wait on the user forum for the tech support to answer get comfortable - we see them a couple of times a year.  phone and support ticket are what they answer

Is Vinyl Express even supported by Sign Blazer?

Does your plotter have a serial port? If so, you should be able to use that port and get Sign Blazer to talk to it.

seems most needed a motherboard. just asked a buddy of mine that has a titan 2. hes seen it a few a times helping people

New to the group here with a Titan 2 that I have had for 26 days, purchased new from US Cutter. I powered on my titan yesterday to cut a large order and the pinch rollers would not stop turning. Pressing reset makes them turn faster. I followed the trouble shooting steps from above with no success with moving the carriage or the rollers. And I went ahead and submitted a ticket this morning. Just wanted to say think you for suggesting these items and it's good to know I'm not the only one that's seen this issue!

1 hour ago, DebbieGallagher said:

New to the group here with a Titan 2 that I have had for 26 days, purchased new from US Cutter. I powered on my titan yesterday to cut a large order and the pinch rollers would not stop turning. Pressing reset makes them turn faster. I followed the trouble shooting steps from above with no success with moving the carriage or the rollers. And I went ahead and submitted a ticket this morning. Just wanted to say think you for suggesting these items and it's good to know I'm not the only one that's seen this issue!

that is not a common problem we see on the forum with the titan2 - I would give support a call today - remember they are on pacific standard time.   let us know what you find out