larryinfl

New Graphtec CE6000-120 not detecting media width

Hi All,

Just upgraded my CE5000-60 to a CE6000-120.

My CE500 would detect the media width, but the CE600 is not. Any ideas on this?

I'm using 24" media roll. I'm also only using the far right, and middle roller. I have the left roller all the way to the left and unused. 

Maybe the media sensor is turned off.. Personally  I turned that off day 1. on my Graphtec.. Turned off pinch roller sensor and media sensor.  Saves on vinyl.  you can cut right up to the vinyl edge.. I know how wide my vinyl is. 

• Like 1

think the problem may be having the roller all the way to the left unused.  most of the higher end cutters either look for a magnet or a reflective piece on the back of the roller to detect length and not actually look at the vinyl itself.  just a thought

Yep, looking at the user manual quickly,  it looks like all 3 pinch rollers have to be used on the media.   Another reason why I (myself) would turn them off. 

It seems as though I did indeed need all three rollers on the media. After I did that I was able to detect the media size. 

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 3:50 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Maybe the media sensor is turned off.. Personally  I turned that off day 1. on my Graphtec.. Turned off pinch roller sensor and media sensor.  Saves on vinyl.  you can cut right up to the vinyl edge.. I know how wide my vinyl is. 

I am new to Graphtec, I have the CE6000 - 60.
Where can I find to switch of the Pinch Roller and Media Sensor ?

Thanks!

Joe