MPaguagaJr

Using card stock paper to cut on plotter HELP

Hello

im trying to cut stencils with cardstock paper but had some questions. What kind of card stock pound can I use? Also do I need a mat to go under so I don't cut my cutting strip on my plotter? What angle blade should I use to cut the stencil. Please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm also using SCAP if anyone has tips in cutting these stencils. 

A cutting mat or something as a carrier sheet is a must have. I sometimes use a piece of clear transfer tape or the backing off Siser HTV works pretty good. The cutting mats are stiff and can cause issues if you are cutting right up to the end and seem to be a little too sticky for my needs in many cases. . (but they still work in most cases)

Definitely need a carrier sheet and a 60 degree blade to cut cardstock. As far as thickness of cardstock you can use it would depend on the cutter, most of the budget / hobby cutters do not have enough downforce / pressure to cut the heavier cardstock...

Good luck!  My machine cuts vinyl beautifully but I tend to cut a lot of cardstock stencils.  I can't with this machine.  I use a mat and lightweight cardstock.  I've spent 10+ hours messing with settings, blade depth, etc.  and yet to get a clean cut.  Every once in a while it'll cut alright, but using the exact same settings on the next piece of cardstock won't work again...