haymeadowfield

Using Cricut Vinyl

I have a Creation Pcut. I have a very small project I would like to do. It requires a small amount of silver vinyl. I do not want to buy a whole roll. Has anyone used the Cricut vinyl with their large cutters?

What is your concern about using it on a regular vinyl cutter?   If it is the correct type that you need,  then cut it...Or there are many sellers on Ebay that sell smaller sheets  12 x 12"  and other sizes of Oracal  651...Or other vinyl brands for crafters inside  and outside vinyl. Others sell larger sheets.. Many other online sellers as well sell smaller sheets, just look for the best price with shipping...UScutter even sells  Oracal by the foot, but would be pricey if that was all you are buying. as the shipping would be too high. 

I can buy the Cricut vinyl locally. I normally buy vinyl by the roll which I have to order on line as there is no local stores that sell it. It last me for a long time as I do not do a lot of lettering. I'm just wondering if the Cricut vinyl is like the vinyl I buy in the rolls. If the Cricut is similar I would just go get it and finish my little project without waiting to have something shipped. That's all.

• Like 1

Yes, the vinyl that works in the circuit will work on a larger cutter.

• Like 1

Yes, any brand of sign vinyl will work in a vinyl cutter, but purchase the correct type of Cricut vinyl for the job...

How thick is cricut vinyl?   Seems thin if I remember it correctly and I was in same boat a week ago, guy wanted a small piece that wasn't worth ordering when store 2 min away had it

If your talking about the vinyl you can buy from the same place they sell cricut machines like Joannes fabrics or similar stores ? that vinyl is pure garbage unless it to be used in doors only like for  craft stuff. Its no where near the same quality as Oracal ,3m etc  . dont expect it to last... My girlfriend uses it and it was the first stuff i ever cut with when i seen a cricut...