ARi

Vector

Study that info that was posted earlier (by me) and the stuff from Roland. You need to fine tune your blade offset. Rounded corners are a sign of too little offset. 

5 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Study that info that was posted earlier (by me) and the stuff from Roland. You need to fine tune your blade offset. Rounded corners are a sign of too little offset. 

Also I have followed the offset on the blade packaging, is this correct 

3 hours ago, ARi said:

Also I have followed the offset on the blade packaging, is this correct 

No blade offset listed on the packaging is not a set in stone  but a staring point - you then adjust to get the correct square corners.   Offset can even be changed by wear in a blade, slight differences when the blade is made, etc.

I have changed the blade offset and continuously done the test cut and it has not made the slightest difference from 0-5

I find this strange 

1 hour ago, ARi said:

I have changed the blade offset and continuously done the test cut and it has not made the slightest difference from 0-5

I find this strange 

Sounds like wherever you are making the change is not making it to the cutter. Can and do you adjust the cutter speed and pressure from signcut? Each layout in signcut will be different for each cutter. Not sure what yours will look like. There may be a box you have to select in order to allow signcut to make the changes. 

I adjust the cutter speed and pressure from the machine it self 

And I am also changing the blade offset in sign cut in the cutter options 

Is there a place on the machine to set the offset? That would be the preferred  place if you can. 

No place for offset on the machine itself 

just a quick update 

** seems like machine is faulty so has been sent back for repair/replacement 

On 10/06/2017 at 10:13 PM, Jburns said:

GTD Pic.jpg

I have been sent a replacement machine and it is still the same 

I believe this machine is the problem and struggling with smaller images 

looking for a new one 

what machine do you have jburns and would you recommend it?

If the replacement is doing the same thing that would point to the software rather than a hardware problem. Even the cheapest cutters can be tuned to give good square corners. If ARi's cut is at the same scale as what you're trying to do your cutter should be able to handle it.

Make a simple square in your cutter software, a 1" square would be fine, then cut it and examine the corners. Post a photo here and let us look at it. But if the corners are rounded add a little bit of offset, say 0.2mm. Cut again and look at the corners. If they're still rounded add a little more offset. If you go over 1mm and still rounded corners then you have something else wrong.

Also, I know you said you set your blade depth correctly, but double check it, and maybe post another photo of that as well.

And lastly, a screen shot of your cut and offset settings in your program might shed some clues for us as well.

That was a graphtec- but I would be able to cut the same size file with my old value machine slowed down and all dialed in