Vinylfreaks & Co

SCALT Pro 3 setting when using a 60 Degree Blade on a titan cutter

Hi Everyone, i am semi new to the vinyl cutting thing i use to work with it at my old job, but that has sense gone out of business. So My brother and have started a business doing custom stickers and apparel. we purchased a titan cutter second hand not knowing how far we are going to with this. but it came with no instructions. i have it setup but overtime i cut a test with the test botton on the cutter the test has these little like dog ears on it in one side of the inner triangle and another on the bottom of the cutter most cut. is there any way to fix this ?

Thanks for the Help Connor

so you are saying changing the offset did nothing one way or the other on the ears?

it doesn't seem so i was on the default setting 0.30 then went to 0.20 and nothing changed.

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

so you are saying changing the offset did nothing one way or the other on the ears?

been while since I owned a titan and the reason I directed you to the instructions from uscutter specific to your cutter - as I recall I set it on the cutter .  ..
the blade exposure has nothing to do with settings on the cutter nor the computer

can you post a picture of what it is cutting?

from our friend skeeter:
To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

when you describe the "dog ears" we have heard that phrase used as meaning uncut bits and also as a distortion of the cut - helps in troubleshooting if we know which we are talking about and part of the reason I requested a picture of what the cut looks like

that looks more like something you can fix by adding to the OVERCUT in scalp

also always prefeed yoru vinyl , do not make the plotter pull off of the roll - from your pictures it appears the corners are slightly rounded so offset may be off and I would only adjust .05 one way or the other at a time till the corners are perfectly square after you fix the current issue

I am betting you had the blade way further out than recommended which also affects the corners

and I can see from your video the overcut is not enough - not offset but overcut

not sure as I use a servo motor cutter that doesn't have that problem but if it were me after setting my blade as described in the 8th post down I would try doubling the overcut and try that . . . I don't do metric or macs :)  Nor scalp for that matter :o

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

not sure as I use a servo motor cutter that doesn't have that problem but if it were me after setting my blade as described in the 8th post down I would try doubling the overcut and try that . . . I don't do metric or macs :)  Nor scalp for that matter :o

lol i use 2 of those