Got a order to do a store front and i was nice since i did work before for them and gave them a quote for 280$ plus install time. This will take about 28feet of 651 layered in 3 layers for some. The wording is about 4 inches by 65 inches. The white lettering is 24 inches by 36 inches, the logo is about the same size. Open sign is 26 inches by 17 inches and the WE DELIVER is about the same size, Don't worry about the contour it messed up on file transfer. They want me to make it all for $150 and install as well as prep the old windows. They also want me to build a hanger and hang a 5'x6' sign, change the number on said sign. I have heard of doing it cheap but i think even that is way too low. Let me know what you would price it at even just a ballpark shot. Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.476865d28c865801a1489286c99a7d3e.jpg

I work at a body shop so I don't do many signs but the original price looks good to me.

I get smart with people like that and tell them it's not like a used car, there's no haggling. The price is the price. I'm not above lying and saying the materials alone are $150.

Go in and order a $14.99 pizza and ask if they'll take $8 for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Do you guys in MT spell Ice cream different?   Always seen it as 2 words.  Just wondering

lol i think when i shrank it it messed up. but i will make sure it is right in the final if they decide to get it.

• Like 1

The main question is

Why are you letting the customer tell you what your price should be?  

Your price seems fair. Add in a few hours for install and travel and you're golden.  

• Like 1

Go in and order a $14.99 pizza and ask if they'll take $8 for it.

LOL - I agree with jmas here!

Cal

• Like 2

Your price is fair.  Sometimes when a new guy is starting up you get the impression you need to bend over to get business. Not so. I usually just shrug and say I can't touch it for that cheap. About half the time they will call you back. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Your price is fair.  Sometimes when a new guy is starting up you get the impression you need to bend over to get business. Not so. I usually just shrug and say I can't touch it for that cheap. About half the time they will call you back. 

Yeah i know I am the cheapest in the area, have been for a few years now. I just think this one got under my skin. Then i really got a insult when he said he was thinking of 150 for it all. Not like he does not know what my stuff runs he has had several store fronts done but us.

Wow, WFTV should have been WTFTV for the day...

Cal

• Like 1

Sounds like your Client has observed a portion of what you do and attached

a lower value to your Services. (Assuming he paid your asking price previously.)

Personally, I would meet with him and say something along these lines;

"Sorry, Mr So & So, I can 't do it for that price ($150) BUT, for $210 I can do such & such." 

Have it already figured out what you can offer for YOUR Price and concentrate

on that Creative Solution being able to meet his immediate need.

Perhaps a portion of the signage you previously presented... perhaps changing

the Numbers and hanging his existing sign with just the Name installed on the window.

Whatever you feel is his most immediate need is. The important points are that YOU are back in

the Driver's seat Stipulating the Prices and Possible Solutions.

Remember to Keep the communication open with him though... Things like asking him what his

Maximum Budget is and what his most important signage problem is can get you together on

the Same Page, working on a solution to his problem. Because the bottom line is,

he just wants as much from you as he can get for a certain dollar amount. Helping him to feel

like he is getting that is all that's needed to close the deal.

Also, GET A DEPOSIT.... These types will Short you if they can Justify it in their own Mind.

• Like 3